Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giants 20 49ers 17 (OT)

Featured Replies

Congrats!!! I always wondered what it would feel like to have your favorite team in the super bowl, with my favorite team being the Bengals. I may never get to find that out haha.

 

I thought the Giants and Pats would win today. Which I am happy about, because it should be another great Super Bowl!

 

I'll have to admit, I'm pretty lucky as a football fan. Prior to 2007 I never thought I'd see the Giants win a super bowl. Now they're back in it again 4 years later? That's not too bad.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to be able to go, but like HB said, way too expensive for me. May think about driving up and watching the game in a downtown bar though.

 

Mrs C and I do that for a lot of events. It is a blast to be there and be part of it all. Even if you're not going to the game.

I hope the Gmen win. I also am totally on board with the hottest team wins. That wildcard route vs. week off is way overrated at this point in the NFL.

Congrats HB. I actually was pulling for the Niners in this one because I would've loved to see a SF-NE Super Bowl (true offense vs. true defense). I also really feel for the SF fan base. Terrible way to fall short of the Super Bowl. Both games yesterday were lost in a way they shouldn't have been lost. Sort of ruined what had been two incredible games to watch. Regardless, I will be a Giants fan for the next two weeks. There is no team I loathe more than the Patriots, and I am a fan of Eli, Cruz, and several other Giants players. Going to be a high scoring affair in Indy.

Congrats HB. I actually was pulling for the Niners in this one because I would've loved to see a SF-NE Super Bowl (true offense vs. true defense). I also really feel for the SF fan base. Terrible way to fall short of the Super Bowl. Both games yesterday were lost in a way they shouldn't have been lost. Sort of ruined what had been two incredible games to watch. Regardless, I will be a Giants fan for the next two weeks. There is no team I loathe more than the Patriots, and I am a fan of Eli, Cruz, and several other Giants players. Going to be a high scoring affair in Indy.

 

What do you mean when you say both games were lost in ways that shouldnt have been lost? Thats football.

 

 

I hate seeing 49er fans cry about the Bradshaw play too (not saying you are). It was the right call. The ref blew the play dead before Bradshaw fumbled.

What do you mean when you say both games were lost in ways that shouldnt have been lost? Thats football.

 

 

I hate seeing 49er fans cry about the Bradshaw play too (not saying you are). It was the right call. The ref blew the play dead before Bradshaw fumbled.

 

I was just saying I thought the games deserved a better ending. Moreso the Raven-Pats game really. It was a great game that deserved to be played out in OT. Not lost because of a shanked chip shot. I understand that it's football and things like that happen, but it's not a great ending to what had been a great game throughout.

 

As far as the fumble, I think the beef is more with the ref blowing the play dead so quickly. It was a pretty fast whistle, surely you can see where it would cause some fans to be upset. I'd say more often than not that play would've been played out a few more seconds than it was and the fumble would've counted. I'm fine with the call the way it was though. Similar to a block/charge call in basketball that could've gone either way in my mind.

 

I hated seeing one special teams player cause so many problems for one team though. His mistakes cost SF the game, as they lead to multiple easy scores for NY. Credit to the Giants for the second fumble because whoever knocked it loose made a great play on the ball.

 

In the end, both teams that won were deserving. I'm not truly a fan of any of the teams involved, so I was just enjoying the high quality of football being displayed.

 

As far as the fumble, I think the beef is more with the ref blowing the play dead so quickly. It was a pretty fast whistle, surely you can see where it would cause some fans to be upset. I'd say more often than not that play would've been played out a few more seconds than it was and the fumble would've counted. I'm fine with the call the way it was though. Similar to a block/charge call in basketball that could've gone either way in my mind.

Sort of the way I felt. I was fine with the call, it is normally just played out a little longer which would have resulted in a fumble. But I was fine either way with the whistle being blown when it was.

 

So did the Giants award the MVP trophy to Kyle Williams?

Sort of the way I felt. I was fine with the call, it is normally just played out a little longer which would have resulted in a fumble. But I was fine either way with the whistle being blown when it was.

 

So did the Giants award the MVP trophy to Kyle Williams?

 

While the first play was a bone headed move by Kyle Williams, the second was a great play by J. Williams for the Giants. And Devin Thomas was alert on both.

It was a great game, and Giants deserved to win. 49ers played great, however special teams is apart of the game. Giants made two huge plays on special teams and 49ers messed it up twice on special teams.

I have a feeling if the Giants went into New Orleans they would have lost. The Saints are tough in that dome.
Me too. i said it mirrored my senior year at Trinity 1994. Male was unreal....a real bad matchup for us....we beat Lou Central on a Thursday night (2nd round), X beat Male the next night, as a team we felt we were the champs....that it was ours to be had. I feel the Giants felt the same way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.