January 23, 201214 yr The Giants and Patriots have met 2 times since the Super Bowl. In those 3 games, Giants have won 2 and the Patriots have won 1. I think this game will be very close. If there's one thing that Eli and Co. is not, it's scared. They know that they can beat the Pats, and to insinuate there is no chance of them winning is silly.
January 23, 201214 yr 1. My "no chance" comment was more in jest towards HT than anything else, but if the Giants try to make it a shoot out, then yes I firmly believe they have no chance. 2. I feel the New England defense has improved ten-fold since the 1st matchup, but yeah I'm much more confident in Tom Brady coming through in the postseason than in the regular season. I retract my statement. I did not know you made that comment in jest.
January 23, 201214 yr ^Thank you sir. Really not a lot of discussion to be had in reality though. These teams know each other very well. The Pats know they have to make it a high scoring game, and the Giants know they have to make it a time of possession, ball control battle. It's that simple. The last game the Giants and Patriots played turned into a shoot out in the 2nd half. 44 combined points in the 2nd half alone. Who came out on top?
January 23, 201214 yr Anyone want to donate to the "send halfback20 to the superbowl" fund? :lol: Are you going to head to Indy? A buddy of mine(Pats fan) is thinking hard about riding up and looking to buy when he gets here. Says there aren't scalping laws in Indiana?
January 23, 201214 yr Are you going to head to Indy? A buddy of mine(Pats fan) is thinking hard about riding up and looking to buy when he gets here. Says there aren't scalping laws in Indiana? Not many opportunities like this but I wont be able to afford it. Tickets are around $2,300 apiece from what I hear.
January 23, 201214 yr Author I would love to be able to go, but like HB said, way too expensive for me. May think about driving up and watching the game in a downtown bar though.
January 23, 201214 yr Not many opportunities like this but I wont be able to afford it. Tickets are around $2,300 apiece from what I hear. I feel you. My buddy is talking about taking our bonus money from work to cover it. I'd say it'd be fun to be in Indy that weekend.
January 23, 201214 yr I would love to be able to go, but like HB said, way too expensive for me. May think about driving up and watching the game in a downtown bar though. That'd be a great weekend. Congrats again to both of you. Enjoy.
January 23, 201214 yr I spent a lot of money going to New York earlier this year and watched the Giants/Dolphins. If I could get that money back...:lol:
January 23, 201214 yr Never have two games highlighted more the importance of special teams. Kyle Williams practically handed the game to the Giants. At least the one in OT was forced.
January 23, 201214 yr I was impressed with the Giants defense late in this game. Every time the Giants were stopped on offense I thought, the defense cant do it again can they? And they did.
January 23, 201214 yr I said exactly 5 weeks ago, that I thought the Giants would win the Super Bowl, with a disclaimer, that they don't play the Saints. So far that's happened. Not stopping now.
January 23, 201214 yr I said exactly 5 weeks ago, that I thought the Giants would win the Super Bowl, with a disclaimer, that they don't play the Saints. So far that's happened. Not stopping now. I have a feeling if the Giants went into New Orleans they would have lost. The Saints are tough in that dome.
January 23, 201214 yr I have a feeling if the Giants went into New Orleans they would have lost. The Saints are tough in that dome. Congrats!!! I always wondered what it would feel like to have your favorite team in the super bowl, with my favorite team being the Bengals. I may never get to find that out haha. I thought the Giants and Pats would win today. Which I am happy about, because it should be another great Super Bowl!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.