Border Bowl Predictions Anyone?

How many of these Kentucky Boys played for a state champion this year? No one from Highlands or Trinity on the roster. Why are two of the best teams not represented on this all-state team? And does the Tennessee team have the same situation?

How many of these Kentucky Boys played for a state champion this year? No one from Highlands or Trinity on the roster. Why are two of the best teams not represented on this all-state team? And does the Tennessee team have the same situation?

The roster is made up of EKY/CKY kids along I-75. Same for Tennessee.

I was told Jarrod Harrington-DB-Boyle County got Defensive MVP for Kentucky.

Yes, he did and he played well. Kentucky's offense seemed out of sync the first half, but, the defense kept them in it. It was 7-7 at halftime. The second half, the offense moved the ball, especially in the fourth quarter. The defense started to make some silly mistakes like penalties at crucial times. On the last Tennesee drive, Kentucky's defense was penalized on a third and long situation for unsporstmanlike conduct where a kid decided to mouth off after a play. It cost them dearly. Another penalty for Def. pass interference and another for something else and Tennesee was on the doorstep. Tennesee scored with 55 seconds left and took back the lead that Kentucky regained at the 2:10 mark. Kentucky marched the ball downfield from about their own 20 to the Tennesee 30 yard line with one second left. A pass to a group looked like a Kentucky catch, but, when the boy hit the ground it popped out. Tennesee had 5 kids that are listed at 298 pounds and above. Kentucky had three that were listed at 295 and above. My son played against both of Tennesee's 315 pounders. He weighs 250 or so.

It was a great atmosphere and the kids from Kentucky seemed like a great polite group of kids. For a kid to get onto the team, his head coach has to nominate him and then the team is selected by a panel of directors. A high school team can only nominate two kids total. I think the head coach can pick a few that they want. Sam Harp of Danville was the head coach.

The roster is made up of EKY/CKY kids along I-75. Same for Tennessee.

Tennessee's roster looks like most of the kids are from nearby the I-75 corridor, but Ky tends to stray. Also, I don't really see anything on the site that specifically states the kids come from the I-75 corridor, but I may have overlooked something.

How many people were there? And is there a full box score somewhere that we could see? This is something I hate about these all-star games (regardless of sport) is that it's like it's giving up state secrets for a box score to be made public.

I think I heard someone say that there was around 5,000 people or more at the game. The weather was great on Saturday which probably brought out a few more than on a normal first week of January day. There still isn't a video link in the WYMT website yet that is post game and the Border Bowl website hasn't been updated either.