Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tebow's Post-Game Comments

Featured Replies

Great role model for our youth. Not many left to choose from in today's society. Sad.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get used to it. Tim Tebow at a young age understands the podium he has being in the spotlight 24/7. Some use it as personal promotion. Some use it for good+bad. He uses it to show how strong he is in his faith and spread the good word. He's human. He will make mistakes. I think those that love him love him even more and those that don't continue to be irked. I am a huge fan and can say sometimes the media drives him into the ground however there is no other figure out there like him in sports. Not under that kind of micorscope. If anybody wants to challenge his will to win watch the draft specail that was done on him. Watch the passion in his lockerroom speeches caught on film. Don't listen to what talking heads say listen to what his teammates say at every level. I've heard some of the hardest core media guys say he is the most genuine guy they have ever met. He's a winner. There's no doubt to me that he is mad inside with losing however he gets the big picture.

Edited by The Scribe

Woops didn't realize that was a bad word on here lol.

Would you rather he blow smoke with the same ol tiresome cliches?

 

In a postgame press conference, I'd rather you drop some f-bombs and punch a camera or two after a loss. On twitter, say whatever you want.

I have so much respect for Tebow. If he never wins another football game I know he has did a great job in sharing his passion for Christ.

 

I'm with you...You can't beat a guy like that. On the other hand there's Bill Maher who makes his usual ungodly remarks. God calls Maher a "fool" and I agree with God. I wonder if Maher ever mocks Islam, Muslims, and Mohammad the way he does Christianity, Christians and Jesus Christ. Maher tweeted his mockery, it was all negative and Tebow was all positive. It was a tweet and I very much appreciate Tebow's boldness in the face of so much hatred. Tebow is a positive role model and it is very refreshing when you see all the big-heads in pro sports.

Get used to it. Tim Tebow at a young age understands the podium he has being in the spotlight 24/7. Some use it as personal promotion. Some use it for good+bad. He uses it to show how strong he is in his faith and spread the good word. He's human. He will make mistakes. I think those that love him love him even more and those that don't continue to be irked. I am a huge fan and can say sometimes the media drives him into the ground however there is no other figure out there like him in sports. Not under that kind of micorscope. If anybody wants to challenge his will to win watch the draft specail that was done on him. Watch the passion in his lockerroom speeches caught on film. Don't listen to what talking heads say listen to what his teammates say at every level. I've heard some of the hardest core media guys say he is the most genuine guy they have ever met. He's a winner. There's no doubt to me that he is mad inside with losing however he gets the big picture.

 

AMEN!!!

I'm with you...You can't beat a guy like that. On the other hand there's Bill Maher who makes his usual ungodly remarks. God calls Maher a "fool" and I agree with God. I wonder if Maher ever mocks Islam, Muslims, and Mohammad the way he does Christianity, Christians and Jesus Christ. Maher tweeted his mockery, it was all negative and Tebow was all positive. It was a tweet and I very much appreciate Tebow's boldness in the face of so much hatred. Tebow is a positive role model and it is very refreshing when you see all the big-heads in pro sports.

 

Actually Maher usually is pretty scathing of all religion.

Actually Maher usually is pretty scathing of all religion.

 

I don't know, I have never watched Maher. I thought he might be afraid that he would get his head cut off if he mocked Islam and Mohammad. He certainly wouldn't be doing that if he were in a Islamic country with sharia law. Thank God for freedom of speech in our country...right? And if anyone chooses to read history that freedom of speech can be directly traced to obnoxious Christians. Christians are called on to return good for evil rather than evil for evil. The Christian faith calls for us to love our enemies rather than torture or kill them. I in one way feel sorry for Maher, but then I on the other hand despise his attitude, humor and mockery. I fear for him.

  • Author
I don't know, I have never watched Maher. I thought he might be afraid that he would get his head cut off if he mocked Islam and Mohammad. He certainly wouldn't be doing that if he were in a Islamic country with sharia law. Thank God for freedom of speech in our country...right?

 

If you're for it you're for Maher's right to say what he said.

 

If he were a politician or a church leader I'd have a problem with it. He's a comedian. That's what they do. They want to get reactions like you had.

If you're for it you're for Maher's right to say what he said.

 

If he were a politician or a church leader I'd have a problem with it. He's a comedian. That's what they do. They want to get reactions like you had.

Yes, I'm all for freedom of speech, even when it comes to Tebow expressing his faith. And that's the reason Tebow is such a lightning rod for controversy, he expresses his faith. We live in a day when liberals want christianity to be left behind the walls of the church building. Tebow doesn't do that, no Christian should do that. I thought comedians wanted to make people laugh, not just get reactions. I know that he will make some laugh with his hatred and mockery of God and Chrisitanity, but it will be only fools.

Someone is extremely bitter....

 

It certainly isn't me. Not bitter at all only voicing my God given opinion. God Bless

If it's funny I'll laugh regardless of the topic. I do have a very dark and ornery sense of humor though.

 

 

Im4theHounds,

 

Does the SNL Tebow skit fall under the 'hatred and mockery of God and Christianity' guidelines?

  • Author
Yes, I'm all for freedom of speech, even when it comes to Tebow expressing his faith. And that's the reason Tebow is such a lightning rod for controversy, he expresses his faith. We live in a day when liberals want christianity to be left behind the walls of the church building. Tebow doesn't do that, no Christian should do that. I thought comedians wanted to make people laugh, not just get reactions. I know that he will make some laugh with his hatred and mockery of God and Chrisitanity, but it will be only fools.

 

Maher is lightning rod like Tebow is. For opposite reasons.

 

I'm a big TT fan. Seems like a good consistent guy and is good for sports and humanity. I'm all for him expressing his beliefs. I'm also all for the Muslim expressing his beliefs.

 

You'll pardon me if your tone causes me to believe you wouldn't be supporting Aakib Tebow for praising the Quran.

If it's funny I'll laugh regardless of the topic. I do have a very dark and ornery sense of humor though.

 

 

 

I'm the same way. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is off-limits for humor.

 

I could care less if Maher was making fun of mass genocide (a la Holocaust), if it's funny I'm laughing and enjoying it. :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.