Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 87 Loyala-MD 63

Featured Replies

Hopefully this game will give Wiltjer some confidence moving forward. I think today he showed the fans what he's capable of. If he keeps working hard on defense, he's going to be a fan favorite when his career is all said and done at UK. I bet Cal has some very positive things to say about him in the post game today.

 

Cal said KW is a defensive liability on the court. He cannot guard a 2/3 on the perimeter and cannot defend the post straight up. Cal said he will devise a defensive scheme for KW that will not put him on the perimeter and will double down in the post when KW is in the game to give him help.

 

KW was solely responsible for allowing 15 points in the first half today. If he gets caught on the perimeter with a quicker player, it's a big time mismatch.

Great game from MKG considering the personal problems he is rushing home for (mother in hospital). On a side note, my grandmother has a been a big UK fan for years and years and today I took her to her first UK game ever.

  • Author
Great game from MKG considering the personal problems he is rushing home for (mother in hospital). On a side note, my grandmother has a been a big UK fan for years and years and today I took her to her first UK game ever.

 

That's awesome man! I hope and I'm sure she really enjoyed it. I took my dad to his first game (he's much older than you'd think...73) to his first game my senior year of high school, 8 years ago. It was a great experience for us to share as I'm sure you had today.

 

So true about MKG!

Hopefully this game will give Wiltjer some confidence moving forward. I think today he showed the fans what he's capable of. If he keeps working hard on defense, he's going to be a fan favorite when his career is all said and done at UK. I bet Cal has some very positive things to say about him in the post game today.

 

As I tried to say the other day it is not about confidence with Wiltjer. He has always been able to score, it's not like this confidence had went down or anything. Early in the year when they played crappy teams he played a lot and scored, when they played good teams he played very little. This is nothing new really for him. It's not about him gaining more confidence or developing right now. He can and always will be able to score, what he has to improve on is defense. Which is always a problem for freshman, especially for freshman who are not that quick with their feet like him. It is just going to take some time with him. No reason to get down on him or get to up about him.

That's awesome man! I hope and I'm sure she really enjoyed it. I took my dad to his first game (he's much older than you'd think...73) to his first game my senior year of high school, 8 years ago. It was a great experience for us to share as I'm sure you had today.

 

So true about MKG!

 

Thats awesome!!!!!

Cal said KW is a defensive liability on the court. He cannot guard a 2/3 on the perimeter and cannot defend the post straight up. Cal said he will devise a defensive scheme for KW that will not put him on the perimeter and will double down in the post when KW is in the game to give him help.

 

KW was solely responsible for allowing 15 points in the first half today. If he gets caught on the perimeter with a quicker player, it's a big time mismatch.

 

He needs to be doing shuttle runs every other day until he gains some serious lateral movement.

  • Author
He needs to be doing shuttle runs every other day until he gains some serious lateral movement.

 

I'd say ladder drills, similar to what football players do. Heck, I'd even say similar to the ones that you probably had to do after knee surgery, like I did. Those things really get those feet moving haha!

Nobody questioned his offensive game. I just sucks that he is such a liability on defense.

 

What do you expect from him? The kid looks like he is 10. He's going to mature and after 4 years of lifting and eating will be much more effective down low. Right now he is a perimeter player in a big's body. That, obviously, doesnt' suit him and his lack of quickness. He'll progress. It's safe to say that he'll be around for at least 3 years. It'll be a night and day difference for him physically. Anything positive that he can give them defensively is just icing on the cake this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.