December 22, 201114 yr Well I guess GT has just ended the discussion lol. So people didn't overreact to it and its just like all the other sayings, but becasue of the context, they did react this time. No, can't say I even knew about it. I can't say I reacted to "zip em up" this time either...because no one can seperate it out from everything else he said. You're fighting a losing battle on this one Clyde. Especially since no one talked about it when he said it after games before. Just proves that the only reason people did is because of the context of what he said, not the actual words. And I'm done on this one, just repeating myself. :thumb: I'm with ya ... :walk:
December 22, 201114 yr Author :thumb: I'm with ya ... :walk: VOR, what was your reaction to the comments when they were made after the Butler game?
December 22, 201114 yr I think the timing of it after the brawl got it more pub. Plus, Tu's response seem to be a fresher take and not one that many have heard a whole lot. I would imagine that #zip'emup was trending on twitter for a while. Is Tu's remark worse than the throat slash you have seen players do? Probably not.
December 22, 201114 yr VOR, what was your reaction to the comments when they were made after the Butler game? OK, Clyde. For you, I will come back in and reply. I have no problem with any of the phrases mentioned in this thread being used. However, with the context of the UC incident now on the program, it would behoove the XU players (and the UC players) to avoid these phrases and be on their best behavior.
December 23, 201114 yr Bottom line....Tu was wrong in the brawl and also all of his postgame comments....no defense for any of those things.....discipline should have been much stronger.....making excuses for him on any of his comments is very unrealistic!!!!
December 23, 201114 yr Author Bottom line....Tu was wrong in the brawl and also all of his postgame comments....no defense for any of those things.....discipline should have been much stronger.....making excuses for him on any of his comments is very unrealistic!!!! 1. Agreed he was wrong. 2. Deserved a suspension. 3. Not making excuses for him. 4. I'm questioning our consistency in our reactions to words/phrases especially when they are phrases not used by many of us.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.