Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Travis Wood for Sean Marshall?

Featured Replies

There is a thing called the "Verducci Effect," which is named after Sports Illustrated's Tom Verducci. If I remember correctly, he demonstrated a few years ago that young pitchers whose workload suddenly jumps 40 or so innings often have a fallback season or two. That is right at the threshold that Wood's workload went up from 2009 to 2010.

 

I am familiar with the "Verducci Effect". Yes Wood's workload is at the threshold. But it isn't over it and it is a stretch for Law to make the accusation. Yet I am sure many people will jump on this lazy bit of journalism and seize it to try and prove their old belief is true. Sometimes people learn and improve and I think that is true of Dusty Baker on the pitch count issue.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am familiar with the "Verducci Effect". Yes Wood's workload is at the threshold. But it isn't over it and it is a stretch for Law to make the accusation. Yet I am sure many people will jump on this lazy bit of journalism and seize it to try and prove their old belief is true. Sometimes people learn and improve and I think that is true of Dusty Baker on the pitch count issue.
Law is more than qualified to make the accusation, and he had evidence to back it up.
Law is more than qualified to make the accusation, and he had evidence to back it up.

 

But he's wrong and stretching evidence to try and make a point he wants to make.

But he's wrong and stretching evidence to try and make a point he wants to make.
Whether he's right or wrong is your opinion, and only your opinion.
Whether he's right or wrong is your opinion, and only your opinion.

 

And vice versa.

And vice versa.
I never claimed he was right, only that he has a valid opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.