Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross Freshmen Holiday Tournament

Featured Replies

Holy Cross Freshmen Holiday Tournament features 16 area teams this year.

 

12/26- 4:00pm - Game 1 - Scott vs Boone County

12/26- 5:20pm - Game 2 - Simon Kenton vs Holmes

12/26- 6:40pm - Game 3 - Cooper vs Beechwood

12/26- 8:00pm - Game 4 - Holy Cross vs St. Henry

 

12/27- 4:00pm - Game 5 - Walton-Verona vs Brossart

12/27- 5:20pm - Game 6 - Conner vs NCC

12/27- 6:40pm - Game 7 - Ryle vs CovCath

12/27- 8:00pm - Game 8 - Pendleton County vs Dixie Heights

 

12/28-10:00am - Game 9 - Loser Game 1 vs Loser Game 2

12/28-11:20am - Game 10 - Loser Game 3 vs Loser Game 4

12/28-12:40pm - Game 11 - Loser Game 5 vs Loser Game 6

12/28- 2:00pm - Game 12 - Loser Game 7 vs Loser Game 8

 

12/28- 4:00pm - Game 13 - Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 2

12/28- 5:20pm - Game 14 - Winner Game 3 vs WInner Game 4

12/28- 6:40pm - Game 15 - Winner Game 5 vs Winner Game 6

12/28- 8:00pm - Game 16 - Winner Game 7 vs Winner Game 8

 

12/29- 4:00pm - Game 17 - Loser Game 14 vs Winner Game 9 (Consolation Bracket)

12/29- 5:20pm - Game 18 - Loser Game 13 vs Winner Game 10 (Consolation Bracket)

 

12/29- 6:40pm - Game 19 - Winner Game 13 vs Winner Game 14 (Semi-Finals)

12/29- 7:20pm - Game 20 - Winner Game 15 vs Winner Game 16 (Semi-Finals)

 

12/30- 4:00pm - Game 21 - Loser Game 15 vs Winner Game 12 (Consolation Bracket)

12/30- 5:20pm - Game 22 - Loser Game 16 vs Winner Game 11 (Consolation Bracket)

12/30- 6:40pm - Game 23 - Loser Game 19 vs Loser Game 20 (Third Place Game)

12/30- 8:00pm - Game 24 - Winner Game 19 vs Winner Game 20 (Championship Game)

 

All teams guaranteed two games. If you win your first game you are guaranteed three games.

First team listed is home team.

 

A championship and runner-up trophy will be presented. There will be a 5 person all-tournament team. The top four teams will all nominate one player and the championship team will get two.

 

Great opportunity for our area freshmen teams and obviously a huge undertaking by the good folks at Holy Cross to host such an event.

 

If memory serves me correctly this freshmen tournament has been going on continuously for over 30 years.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed Cov Cath participating. I guess that means they are not having their own Xmas tourney. Seems to me they have been hosting a small one for a number of years as well. Guess that is over now. What will TOG do with his free time now during the holidat season???? :D

I hope the officials get the block/charge right or my guy Mustang might go out on the floor and take over.:D

  • Author
I hope the officials get the block/charge right or my guy Mustang might go out on the floor and take over.:D

 

That would be my one prerequisite also.

 

I was rather adamant about that last year. It is just extremely frustrating when you work your tail ends off to get those guys to stand in and take those charges when there is no return on their investment other than to be called for a block.

 

With that being said it must be a nightmare finding officials to work all of those freshmen games.

Anyone know how brossart freshman team has played this yr?

  • Author

Four wins, five losses - A narrow home loss to St. Henry and Holmes. One point and two point overtime losses to Highlands and Grant County on the road, and a blowout loss to Mason County. Wins over Silver Grove, Calvary, Bracken County, and Simon Kenton.

 

On the improve.

This is one of my favorite tournaments to watch. Always good to see what is in the pipeline for the local schools. I just love watching games at Holy Cross. Yea I know it gets hot, but it is a great atmosphere for hoops.

I noticed Cov Cath participating. I guess that means they are not having their own Xmas tourney. Seems to me they have been hosting a small one for a number of years as well. Guess that is over now. What will TOG do with his free time now during the holidat season???? :D

 

I will be there on Tuesday and Wednesday but Thursday and Friday I will be with the Varsity in Granville, Ohio.

 

The CovCath Frosh are going into tonight's game (Wed) with Winton Woods with a 8-0 record with victories over Scott 56-22, LexCath 44-41, St. Henry 43-22, Simon Kenton 50-32, Boone County 53-38, Conner 49-20, Lou St. X 38-35 and Campbell County 53-43.

 

BTW to the best of my knowledge the Freshmen Coaches Tourney held at CovCath, well be starting I believe on Saturday February 4th. This tourney has been going on since the early 1970's!

Who is the favorite to win the tourrnament?

Who is the favorite to win the tourrnament?

 

I would say Cov Cath based on the teams I have seen and what I have heard from others. Dixie is also pretty good.

I have seen 6 of the teams this year - Beechwood, St Henry, Holmes, NCC, Brossart, and Dixie.

 

Of that group, Dixie is the best - they are big, strong and can go several players deep. Holmes would be next, while NCC and Brossart will compete well.

That would be my one prerequisite also.

 

I was rather adamant about that last year. It is just extremely frustrating when you work your tail ends off to get those guys to stand in and take those charges when there is no return on their investment other than to be called for a block.

 

With that being said it must be a nightmare finding officials to work all of those freshmen games.

 

Maybe the reason you don't get those calls is because you aren't teaching them to do it correctly.

Maybe the reason you don't get those calls is because you aren't teaching them to do it correctly.

 

Wrong thread. I simply made a joke about Mustang's posts last year. We can debate the block/charge in another thread.

Is the Stanley kid playing freshman for Boone?

This is one of my favorite tournaments to watch. Always good to see what is in the pipeline for the local schools. I just love watching games at Holy Cross. Yea I know it gets hot, but it is a great atmosphere for hoops.

 

If you see someone in shorts and tanktop, that will be me.:D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.