Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Handguns

Featured Replies

What's your favorite sidearm for whatever purpose? plinking, hunting, home defense, or conceled carry.

My ninja like bare hands WOOOOWHOOAAA!:lol:

I liked the Colt model 1911 personally for target shooting.

Originally posted by ram95

My ninja like bare hands WOOOOWHOOAAA!:lol:

I liked the Colt model 1911 personally for target shooting.

 

I agree, the 1911 Colt 45 is a great gun. I also have a 9mm Beretta that I really enjoy shooting.

I have a Ruger Mk II competition model that I love for plinking.

 

It's wonderfully accurate at distances that make pistol shooting extremely challenging.

 

It's also cheap to buy ammo for, making it my favorite plinking gun.

I do my modern gun deer hunting with a 44 mag.

The gun I keep in my vehicle is a cheap gun but it is a good shooting gun. It is a Hi-Point 9mm.

 

However my favorites are....

 

Colt .38 special

 

Twin S&W Stainless .357 magnums

 

and my #1 favorites are....

 

Twin long barrelled Ruger Redhawk .44 mag one with a scope.

 

my next purchase will either be a Taurus Raging Bull 44 mag, S&W .40 cal, or a .45 Glock.

I had a friend carry the Smith .40 as his service weapon.

 

It was a NICE gun.

im looking into buying a handgun but im not sure what to get.

Glock 9mm

the best automatic handgun ever built is the colt 1911 model it has performed well in every modern war and still going kimber i believe makes the best modern versions of these with custom options and several types compact, target, tactical etc...

best rvolver is anything in .357 such a powerful cartridge smith and wesson make the best revolvers for protection ruger is the best for hunting

  • Author

I think the best shooting handguns in any caliber are Sig Sauer. I've shot almost every autoloader there is, and these IMHO are the best handling around.

Originally posted by luvthegame

I think the best shooting handguns in any caliber are Sig Sauer. I've shot almost every autoloader there is, and these IMHO are the best handling around.

 

I also love my Sig P220. In the 9 mm I shoot an HK P7 M8, it also is an excellent handgun.

  • Author
Originally posted by yoda1

I also love my Sig P220. In the 9 mm I shoot an HK P7 M8, it also is an excellent handgun.

excellent choices

What I'm drooling over right now is the Ruger Vacuero with the bird's head grip.

 

These are beautiful guns.

 

I'm currently sinking pretty much all my "extra" money into my new automotive hobby, but I really want one of these.

 

has anyone else seen or shot one?

I like my trusty six shooters but also like some simi auto's

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.