Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison banned 1 game for hit on McCoy

Featured Replies

  • Replies 70
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I wonder how the appeal process works. It says he can appeal within 3 days, his suspension is effective immediately, no practice or game Monday. So, if you appeal, do you then become able to practice while under appeal? Or able to play while under appeal? If so, wonder how long it takes to hear the appeal? Could he appeal and play Monday night then if the suspension stands could he then sit out the next week and game? How does that junk work?

I think on Suh's appeal, they held it on Thursday of that week and it was denied. He may be able to practice while waiting for his appeal to be heard but I'm not sure. Regardless, his appeal will stand and he will miss Monday night, IMO.

Penalty should of been worse. Harrison is a multiple offender of NFL rules. I hope he is missing a game check.

That's the first time I've seen the hit. I feel like that could be one of the worst I've seen.

  • Author
Penalty should of been worse. Harrison is a multiple offender of NFL rules. I hope he is missing a game check.
IF you miss a game, you don't get paid.
  • Author
Penalty should of been worse. Harrison is a multiple offender of NFL rules. I hope he is missing a game check.
If you're looking for a pattern, I think a suspension follows the pattern. Not even in the same ilk as Suh.
  • Author

Here's what I would like to see happen. If a quarterback leaves the pocket, he is now a running back. Plain and simple. If you decide to pull it up late and throw it, do so at your own peril. Goes for all QBs and all defenders, not because of this Harrison incident. Inside the pocket, you have every right to the rule of protection as it's written. Outside it, you're a football player. I still think the slide is ok, feet first and you're protected. Head first and you're not. Why the difference when you're behind the LOS?

Shouldnt have been flagged to start with, should not be suspended, this is just stupid.

Shouldnt have been flagged to start with, should not be suspended, this is just stupid.
It was a helmet-to-helmet hit. It was pretty obvious from the video.
Here's what I would like to see happen. If a quarterback leaves the pocket, he is now a running back. Plain and simple. If you decide to pull it up late and throw it, do so at your own peril. Goes for all QBs and all defenders, not because of this Harrison incident. Inside the pocket, you have every right to the rule of protection as it's written. Outside it, you're a football player. I still think the slide is ok, feet first and you're protected. Head first and you're not. Why the difference when you're behind the LOS?
I agree. It was still a flagable play, but it did not help with it being Harrison and the hit being on a QB. But it would have been flagged regardless I believe.

I don't think it matters that he's a QB. He lead with the crown of his helmet to the facemask of McCoy. RB, WR, QB, it doesn't matter. Helmet to helmet hits are going to lead to fines, and when you continuously do it with disregard for the rules, suspensions are likely.

McCoy jumps in the air on one foot to throw the pass, Harrison goes in to make the hit, hits with his arms/hands in the side of the chest first to make inital contact, as Mccoy is coming back down to earth, their helmets touch. what else is a defender to do, just tag him.

McCoy jumps in the air on one foot to throw the pass, Harrison goes in to make the hit, hits with his arms/hands in the side of the chest first to make inital contact, as Mccoy is coming back down to earth, their helmets touch. what else is a defender to do, just tag him.
He led with the crown of his helmet and directly in to the face of McCoy. I do not care how it transpired.
  • Author
I don't think it matters that he's a QB. He lead with the crown of his helmet to the facemask of McCoy. RB, WR, QB, it doesn't matter. Helmet to helmet hits are going to lead to fines, and when you continuously do it with disregard for the rules, suspensions are likely.
Does not pertain to RB's. Ever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.