When poverty strikes

acemona

Yes we are suppose to search and rescue the poor and oppressed and down-trodden. I would say that is a strong characteristic of making us humans but for those who embrace the teachings of Jesus Christ - I don't know what could be considered a higher calling.

Our country spends more money on the poor than any other country. That is the problem. You believe in injecting more money in everything and that will fix everything. You say it with education and you say it when it comes to handing out welfare and unemployment. It goes way deeper than that.

Do you guys not see the irony in some of your philosophy and logic:

Killing the kids is bad

Letting them suffer in a life of poverty is okay because it is their parents fault and we should cut the .01% of the federal budget that goes to WIC and Foodstamps.

There is a spectrum or scale or whatever you want to call it between death and survival.

When did anyone say it was okay for the kids to live in poverty? Yes it is a terrible thing but what do you think we argue or debate on? We are always talking about money for entitlement or means-tested programs. If you are gonna say that we are making the kids live in poverty because welfare and unemployment should be cut back in some cases and that forces people into poverty, we can argue that you constantly giving money essentially makes people dependent on those checks and therefore forces a lack or will of ambition into working in some cases which leads to even more poverty. Do you not see the irony in your philosophy and and logic?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, the habitual, obtuse perspective from the left whenever a gun is involved. :rolleyes:
RTS I definately believe in the Right to bear arms as enumerated in the second admendment . So don't try to insult me by calling my perspective obtuse and rolling your cartoon eyes .With her mental history it is obvious that she should not been permitted have one . and I am definately not left I consider myself center -right as I get older . Quit jumping to wrongheaded conclusions .

RTS I definately believe in the Right to bear arms as enumerated in the second admendment . So don't try to insult me by calling my perspective obtuse and rolling your cartoon eyes .With her mental history it is obvious that she should not been permitted have one . and I am definately not left I consider myself center -right as I get older . Quit jumping to wrongheaded conclusions .
You gave little else to go by with that comment. Sorry to offend you, but you played right from the left's handbook with the way you posted. I had no other conclusion to jump to as it was presented.