Morgan County 50 Menifee County 37

The Cougars improve to 8-0, the Wildcats fall to 1-7.

Morgan County 13 12 14 11 - 50

Menifee County 12 4 16 5 - 37

Morgan - Peyton 22, McCowan 10, Williams 9, Adkins 7, Young 2,

Mongomery, Haney, Henderson

Menifee - Howard 11, Skidmore 6, Williams 6, Phelps 5, Maynard 5,

Ferrell 4, Peters

Congrats to the Cougars!! 8-0 is a great start!! But remember, the Cougs are going to have to stay focused and keep up the pressure on their opponents! They have some tough northern Kentucky teams coming up and then there is Boyd and Elliott County which they will have to face!

Morgan County struggled offensively to find the basket and find a flow in the game. Missed shots and unforced errors made the game closer than was expected. However, what I think this proves about Morgan County is the fact that most teams on an "off" night would get beat. What is overshadowed here is the fact that Morgan Co. defensively held the Wildcats to 37 points. In 2 of the quarters (2nd and 4th) Morgan Co. held Menifee Co. to 9 total points.

Now, what is key for Morgan Co. is to find the consistency in scoring. Of course this is December and historically, Morgan Co. teams don't find their rhythm until later in the year.

For the Menifee Co. faithful, what YOU need to do is get behind their coach (Brandon Combs). Support this coach as I'm sure he will implement a hard working attitude and style to this program. With stability there, Menifee can progress. However, understand that building something doesn't happen in 1 game or in a lot of cases 1 season. The past several years there have seen grumblings and ideas that are not conducive to full support. Bottom line is support at all levels and interests.

The 8-0 Morgan County Cougars will travel to Campbell County next Tuesday for the Hot Fun in the Wintertime Tournament and will play Beechwood at 6:00 P.M. I have a feeling that Morgan County will play with a chip on its shoulder and a new found attitude with something to prove. A lot more fire in the gut should be evident or at least there should be.

I have a feeling that Morgan County will play with a chip on its shoulder and a new found attitude with something to prove. A lot more fire in the gut should be evident or at least there should be.

I hope you are right! They will need it! But is there any particular reason that you say that?

Morgan County struggled offensively to find the basket and find a flow in the game. Missed shots and unforced errors made the game closer than was expected. However, what I think this proves about Morgan County is the fact that most teams on an "off" night would get beat. What is overshadowed here is the fact that Morgan Co. defensively held the Wildcats to 37 points. In 2 of the quarters (2nd and 4th) Morgan Co. held Menifee Co. to 9 total points.

Now, what is key for Morgan Co. is to find the consistency in scoring. Of course this is December and historically, Morgan Co. teams don't find their rhythm until later in the year.

For the Menifee Co. faithful, what YOU need to do is get behind their coach (Brandon Combs). Support this coach as I'm sure he will implement a hard working attitude and style to this program. With stability there, Menifee can progress. However, understand that building something doesn't happen in 1 game or in a lot of cases 1 season. The past several years there have seen grumblings and ideas that are not conducive to full support. Bottom line is support at all levels and interests.

The 8-0 Morgan County Cougars will travel to Campbell County next Tuesday for the Hot Fun in the Wintertime Tournament and will play Beechwood at 6:00 P.M. I have a feeling that Morgan County will play with a chip on its shoulder and a new found attitude with something to prove. A lot more fire in the gut should be evident or at least there should be.

I think, for the most part, Menifee parents are behind Coach Combs. Some parents can't be pleased.

I heard one of the Morgan players say last night after the game....."Look at these people from Menifee. They're happy and they got beat!" The reason we were happy is we PLAYED the # 1 team in the region and held them to 50 pts, and were beaten by 13 pts, vs 32 pts. from our last meeting. Maybe you could pass that along.

Menifee has a long way to go to be able to beat a team like Morgan, but I think we are on our way.

Maybe that's a striking difference between the 2 programs. Morgan would never be happy "just losing" by 13 points to anyone. Whether it be PRP, Scott Co...or Holmes, Morgan Co. would expect to win the game and be disappointed if the outcome was anything but a win.

Over the past several years, I've seen several teams "come close" or play Morgan Co. to beyond respectability, but as the trend would have it, those teams laid eggs in the coming weeks because they got a false sense of security that they were getting better and banked everything on the game they played them "tough".

Menifee Co. must go into their next game with the thought of Morgan County behind them. IF, Menifee County is still talking in the coming days of how they HELD :rolleyes: Morgan Co. to 50 points and how close they were, then they are in for a long season.

Instead, the Wildcats must rally and keep focused on individual games and progress towards the 1st round of the district tournament. That is their season. And I wouldn't use the Morgan CO. loss as a momentum builder, that's a false sense. Because match-up wise, personnel wise, atmosphere wise, and focus are the only things that will determine Menifee's progress towards their goal of reaching the regional tournament and BEATING teams in the future.

In March, it comes down to making "stops' getting 1 blessed rebound, or executing to perfection. Everything else in that season means absolutely nothing.

Both teams Menifee and Morgan will lose games this season, just like every team in this state will do. It's what you do after a loss, that is the true indicator of the team and their success.

Best wishes to the Wildcats this season. Don't be satisfied. Expect to win. ;)

As far as Morgan being ranked #1 in the region. I've not seen anything published that has the Cougars in the #1 slot. Boyd County is playing very well, heck as long as Elliott County shoots the ball they way they have, they are playing as well as anybody right now. Gotta give credit to those teams who are excelling right now like both of the Lions'

Maybe that's a striking difference between the 2 programs. Morgan would never be happy "just losing" by 13 points to anyone. Whether it be PRP, Scott Co...or Holmes, Morgan Co. would expect to win the game and be disappointed if the outcome was anything but a win.

Over the past several years, I've seen several teams "come close" or play Morgan Co. to beyond respectability, but as the trend would have it, those teams laid eggs in the coming weeks because they got a false sense of security that they were getting better and banked everything on the game they played them "tough".

Menifee Co. must go into their next game with the thought of Morgan County behind them. IF, Menifee County is still talking in the coming days of how they HELD :rolleyes: Morgan Co. to 50 points and how close they were, then they are in for a long season.

Instead, the Wildcats must rally and keep focused on individual games and progress towards the 1st round of the district tournament. That is their season. And I wouldn't use the Morgan CO. loss as a momentum builder, that's a false sense. Because match-up wise, personnel wise, atmosphere wise, and focus are the only things that will determine Menifee's progress towards their goal of reaching the regional tournament and BEATING teams in the future.

In March, it comes down to making "stops' getting 1 blessed rebound, or executing to perfection. Everything else in that season means absolutely nothing.

Both teams Menifee and Morgan will lose games this season, just like every team in this state will do. It's what you do after a loss, that is the true indicator of the team and their success.

Best wishes to the Wildcats this season. Don't be satisfied. Expect to win. ;)

The team wasn't talking about it...that was just me. I think you took it wrong. We haven't really improved, we're just coming in to our own. Our boys are trying really hard to overcome the knocks they have had over the past few years, in reguards to multiple coaches, loud-mouthed parents, etc. The Morgan game won't be a battle cry, but it will be a confidence builder. As for settling............ :rolleyes: We will never settle.