Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark 54 Covington Catholic 49

Featured Replies

Cool. I don't agree that everyone shares your viewpoint though, thus, my response. Too many consider "last year's prof " to be an idiot. We need to move past that conversation.

Agreed. Now what did I learn last night? An inexperienced and relatively 'skinny' (I mean that literally, we didn't look terribly muscular next to Fatkin, Rogers & even Stenzel), CCH team showed some toughness against a similarly inexperienced, but distinctly more physically gifted team. I think they will improve and be a contender before it's all over.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed. Now what did I learn last night? An inexperienced and relatively 'skinny' (I mean that literally, we didn't look terribly muscular next to Fatkin, Rogers & even Stenzel), CCH team showed some toughness against a similarly inexperienced, but distinctly more physically gifted team. I think they will improve and be a contender before it's all over.

 

No one could walk out of there last night not thinking a)this is a baby-faced team and b)that plays its rear end off.

 

They will often be outmanned physically from a strength and quickness perspective. Their D will have to be there every night.

Agreed. Now what did I learn last night? An inexperienced and relatively 'skinny' (I mean that literally, we didn't look terribly muscular next to Fatkin, Rogers & even Stenzel), CCH team showed some toughness against a similarly inexperienced, but distinctly more physically gifted team. I think they will improve and be a contender before it's all over.

 

Believe this has alot to do with that Fatkin and Rogers has had to practice against, Zollo, Purvis, Cory Rogers, Daniel and R. Stenzel for the last few years. When you go up against them every day, it has to make you physical, tough and improve your game too.

Did Cleves, Jenkins and Pauly see minutes?

Did Cleves, Jenkins and Pauly see minutes?

 

Cleves played a few minutes and did very well defensively.

 

Pauly started and played quite a few minutes.

 

Not sure about Jenkins. Not sure if he dressed varsity.

Nothing interesting about it. He is their best overall player. When the outside shooting comes around (and it will) you will see better balance.

 

I do think its very interesting as most non Cov Cath fans likely do as well. How often has a Sophomore been the best player on the team let alone a kid who transfers in as a package deal with is father/coach? If the kid continues success maybe Marc Hardin can right a story about it.....I'd read it.

I do think its very interesting as most non Cov Cath fans likely do as well. How often has a Sophomore been the best player on the team let alone a kid who transfers in as a package deal with is father/coach? If the kid continues success maybe Marc Hardin can right a story about it.....I'd read it.

 

This is a very young/inexperienced team. The PG/soph/coach's son is TODAY their best overall weapon. That could change.

 

The easy thing for an outsider to do is read too much into it ie the coach makes sure his son gets all of the shots. That's not the case here. He probably had about 3 more attempts than the 2-guard. He's strong with the ball and in drawing defenders. If you're open you'll get the ball. Kid is legit.

Yea, sounds like he is very good. I didnt imply he was getting all the looks just that it was interesting that he led them and is a newby. I know Frederick can fill it up also. I have been touting him for the past couple years.

 

This is a very young/inexperienced team. The PG/soph/coach's son is TODAY their best overall weapon. That could change.

 

The easy thing for an outsider to do is read too much into it ie the coach makes sure his son gets all of the shots. That's not the case here. He probably had about 3 more attempts than the 2-guard. He's strong with the ball and in drawing defenders. If you're open you'll get the ball. Kid is legit.

Cleves played a few minutes and did very well defensively.

 

Pauly started and played quite a few minutes.

 

Not sure about Jenkins. Not sure if he dressed varsity.

 

Jenkins is hurt. Something with his leg. He should start getting back into it in a few weeks.

Do the students dress out in black every game?

Was funny when the GRC player put his hand to his ear as if to say is that all you got!

 

That was Charlie Rogers....great that you got in on film...nice picture.

Do the students dress out in black every game?

 

The theme changes every game. Sometimes green, sometimes white, sometimes blue, sometimes black, camo, toga, Braveheart, hunter's orange for the Highlands game (after the Ft. Thomas council passed the ordinance permitting deer hunting to thin out the local herd). Sweater vests for the Holmes game??

Do the students dress out in black every game?

 

No. They have a different theme every night. Black out / White out / Braveheart / Grade school Uniform night / Business Man Dress / Toga / Dress like your dad / Hillbilly night / Yuppie / etc etc ... just to name a few I remember...

The theme changes every game. Sometimes green, sometimes white, sometimes blue, sometimes black, camo, toga, Braveheart, hunter's orange for the Highlands game (after the Ft. Thomas council passed the ordinance permitting deer hunting to thin out the local herd). Sweater vests for the Holmes game??

 

Grade school uniform is also a tradition. A few years ago it was Ron Gant nite where you wore a shirt 3 sizes too small.

Listening to the replay right now. I want to say that the CCH crew is doing a great job!!! Really enjoying listening to them. Only suggestion, is give the time left in the quarts more often. This helps if someone is giving updates.

 

Also want to correct the announcers when they said that Bopper had started from his 8th grade year. That was Robbie his brother that graduated last year. Bopper didn't start till last year. This is just his second year of starting for GRC.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.