Fear 'Les' 13th Region Ratings

Les

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Number 10 is about right for Lynn Camp they IMO are only two really bad quarters from being 8 and 0, the 3rd againest Bell and the awful 4th against Berea. You must really love the panthers to want them in the 10th spot, only one win so far. As for their district, compare the school sizes KC should dominate this district after this year for years to come.

To be fair to Knox Central, they are actually 2-6 and you must look at their early season schedule. They have lost twice to South Laurel, are 1-1 in games with Rockcastle, beat Middlesboro, lost to Harlan in overtime after blowing a big lead, and have single digit losses to Jackson County and Ashland. That's a tough schedule for a team that starts an eighth grader and two sophomores and has several freshmen in the rotation. As I said in an earlier post, their record doesn't merit a top ten ranking, but the way they've improved despite a killer schedule does bear watching and I think that's what Les was saying.

Sorry, I just dont think Corbin is better than Clay...Like i said clay beat them by like 15 in prescrimage even though those dont count..that does sorda let you know who the better team is....Clay Co girls are the best team in the 13th..with Whitley and Corbin on their tale......

I know from experience that it's impossible to please everyone with rankings. Just from my observations, I'd put Harlan and Bell higher and Cawood and Barbourville lower. I'd be really surprised if Pineville beats Harlan, at least this year. There's very little difference right now between Cawood, Bell, Harlan, Barbourville, Clay and Corbin for 3 through 8. Pineville, Cumberland, Lynn Camp, Knox Central and Middlesboro are also dangerous.

With Pineville's style of ball they can compete and/ or beat anyone in the region (except for South Laurel). The games that I've watched Pineville they are very disciplined in their offenses and will run it until they have the best shot. A lot of people are underestimating the Mountain Lions but including them in the same list as Middlesboro is just crazy.

With Pineville's style of ball they can compete and/ or beat anyone in the region (except for South Laurel). The games that I've watched Pineville they are very disciplined in their offenses and will run it until they have the best shot. A lot of people are underestimating the Mountain Lions but including them in the same list as Middlesboro is just crazy.

It's the first time in about 15 years that Pineville has been in the top 10. I think Pineville is getting a tremendous amount of respect for a team that has struggled for a long time. I don't mean that as a shot at coach Strange or the team because he/they have done a great job at turning the program around.

Middlesboro is the only marginal top 10 team I recall Pineville beating recently. Do Pineville and Middlesboro play this year? If so, how many points better is Pineville if it's "crazy" to put the two in the same category.

It's the first time in about 15 years that Pineville has been in the top 10. I think Pineville is getting a tremendous amount of respect for a team that has struggled for a long time. I don't mean that as a shot at coach Strange or the team because he/they have done a great job at turning the program around.

Middlesboro is the only marginal top 10 team I recall Pineville beating recently. Do Pineville and Middlesboro play this year? If so, how many points better is Pineville if it's "crazy" to put the two in the same category.

Pineville and Middlesboro do play at Pineville on Feb. 3rd. at 6:00 p.m. Considering Middlesboro has no answer for Day I would say around 20 pts.

Clay County's girls beat Corbin back in the summer at Corbin's team camp and Jayme Gilbert didn't play. She was playing with the Junior all-star team. Clay has talent other than Gilbert. That being said Clay's players and coaches know that Corbin is a very good team and they will have to come ready to play.

Play2 I totally agree....No doubt Gilbert is the star.....but Clay Co has tons of talent....And if Gilbert is having a off night, girls like the 2 Jackson girls or Gray or Aubrey have to step their game up...and these girls are very capable of doing this....But I did not know that Gilbert did not get to play when Clay played Corbin and beat them...that gives me even MORE confidence in the lady tigers!

Corbin girls do have a very fine team this year and Coach Parsons has turned the program around tremendously. They may or may not be better than Clay County. The only way to find out is when they play. As for right now, I'm going to agree that this is Clay County's region until proven otherwise by another 13th region team.