Fear 'Les' 13th Region Ratings

Les

All jokes aside guys. I'm serious when I say that IMO South Laurel is the ONLY team in the 13th region that can play a lick at this time. Right now the rest are below average teams. It's untelling who will come out of the pack to play South in the region final. Let's see who steps it up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If North continues to play like it did tonight, then it might have a chance, but South is heads and shoulders better than anyone else right now.

IMO a 7 point win over Ashland at home is not all that impressive, allthough I will say N.Laurel has as good a chance as the rest at this point.

I dont believe you should be saying that Clay is not a "team"...yes they have by far the best player in the region and probally the moutains with Gilbert...but they have several other great players also....and if Gilbert wanted to...she could make it all about her...I personally believe she could average 35/40 pts a game...but she decides to pass when she sees a "team" mate has a better shot...that is why she is the all time leader in scoring,assets,and steals for Clay Co...so dont diss Clay Co's team couse the do have a Good team...

lol I know this is a boys thread but i had to post this to they person saying Clay wasnt a "team"

By the way, Corbin girls didn't play Simon Kenton, they played Notre Dame Academy and lost a close one, 53-48.

Yep, they lost to a very good Notre Dame team with 3 losses on the year. Two of Notre Dame's losses are to undefeated Kentucky teams Assumption and Dupont Manual and the third loss was Seton High in Cincinnati. Seton is a private all girls Catholic high school enrollment 800.

When a team consists of one player or so we're led to believe, I do not call that a team. That's why I don't believe Clay Co. is the #1 team in the 13th region.

THen who would you believe was the #1 girls team in the 13th....Clay beat Corbin I think by like 15 in a pre scrimage opener....Untill Clay is beaten in the 13th they are the #1 team in the 13th....

my top 5 Girls 13th region teams

#1 Clay Co (Clay will be #1 until someone stops them, Gilbert and company know how to work together, dont forget they did win the AAU National Championship about 2 years ago...and it was the same girls playing all this years CCHS team....)

#2 Corbin (Corbin is a very balanced team, they have 3 or 4 players who could lead in scoring in any given night...I think they will be a big threat to Clay come March)

#3 Whitley (havent really got to see much on this team, I know they are big and strong..and that could be a problem for Corbin......)

#4 Bell (Bell is a very good strong team, Brooke Smith knows how to play and if you are going to beat them you have to stop her)

#5 South ( I think South is doing pretty rough right now, but by the end of the season they will be chasing Corbin and Clay....)