Ashland 72 Knox Central 64

I listened to the 2nd half and McDavid was just unstoppable! I dont think he missed a shot in the 2nd half. 43 points!! I cant remember anyone scoring that many for Ashland since Marty Thomas scored 57 back in like '92. Matt Thomas also played well with 15, Tyler Reliford has also played well the last few games scoring 8. This team will be really dangerous when Wilcox comes back. Remember last year when we would score like 35 or 40 points?!?! Those days are gone!

What is Knox C. ranked in the 13th?

The final score was actually 72-65.

McDavid was amazing, scoring from all over the floor on drives, post-ups, stickbacks, short jumpers, and even a few outside shots. Here's the stat line: 15-of-18 FGs, 1-of-2 3FGs, 12-of-13 FTs, 9 rebounds. Knox Central tried everything, including double- and sometimes triple-teaming McDavid, but to no avail. Just a spectacular performance by the junior, and great recognition on the part of the Tomcats to keep feeding the hot man.

In/re to your original question GS: Knox Central isn't rated very highly, maybe eighth or ninth at best, but they have improved dramatically from when I saw them in their season opener to now. They will pull a few upsets against 13th Region teams not named South Laurel. The Panthers were down as many as 18 in the first half and cut it to one on three separate occasions in the third and fourth quarters, but McDavid answered each time.