Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alex Poythress going to UK

Featured Replies

It is official!!! Welcome to the Big Blue Nation Alex!!!!

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hats off to Gametime. The rest of the recruiting world seemed to rule out UK but not GT, his instincts were spot on.

I think UK has to be an underdog for Bazz, but if they land him...watch out.

Very nice get for UK, although I still think long term Pollard will be the better player. That said you take the 5 star bird in hand every time.

 

Some have compared him to Jones, but at this stage I don't see it. Jones is quite a bit more skilled and was much more advanced at the same stage. Poythress, however, is more mature and won't need to be broken in like Cal had to do with Jones at times last year. Alex will likely be a solid 10 points and 6 rebound guy as a freshman IMO...

They've got their 1 in Harrow, 2 in Goodwin, 3/4 in Poythress, and 5 in Cauley. Add Shabazz to play the wing and....

Hats off to Gametime. The rest of the recruiting world seemed to rule out UK but not GT, his instincts were spot on.

 

Thanks. With guys that play it as close to the vest as Poythress, I have found it best not to go with whatever rumors are floating around because they are usually just a series of guesses in trying to make sense of the unknown. UK was the best fit for his skill set, and thus the logical choice...

They've got their 1 in Harrow, 2 in Goodwin, 3/4 in Poythress, and 5 in Cauley. Add Shabazz to play the wing and....

 

Harrow really is the wild card. From watching them all play I think the 12 class is quite a bit behind the 11 and 13 guys, so adding in a skilled PG with a year in the system gives Cal a big edge for next year. Will be very interesting to see who returns with the NBA season very much in limbo...

Thanks. With guys that play it as close to the vest as Poythress, I have found it best not to go with whatever rumors are floating around because they are usually just a series of guesses in trying to make sense of the unknown. UK was the best fit for his skill set, and thus the logical choice...

 

I know that he was thought to be a lock for UK during the summer but things seemed unsettled recently.

 

If I were a recruiting guy I would always put my money on Cal.

Thanks. With guys that play it as close to the vest as Poythress, I have found it best not to go with whatever rumors are floating around because they are usually just a series of guesses in trying to make sense of the unknown. UK was the best fit for his skill set, and thus the logical choice...
Once again, you made me look good amongst my friends. :lol:

 

Thanks a lot for giving us good info here.

Harrow really is the wild card. From watching them all play I think the 12 class is quite a bit behind the 11 and 13 guys, so adding in a skilled PG with a year in the system gives Cal a big edge for next year. Will be very interesting to see who returns with the NBA season very much in limbo...
Have you heard anything else on the NBA going to a two year rule?

I'm going to assume this means Stokes is going to end up elsewhere....

Someone commented on facebook that Shabazz congratulated Poythress on Twitter...can't be a bad thing haha!

Someone commented on facebook that Shabazz congratulated Poythress on Twitter...can't be a bad thing haha!

 

I'm really starting to think UK can land Bazz. He seems to be real high on them here lately, even watching the exhibition games/blue white scrimage. To be on the West Coast and still tune into those types of games when you probably have to scroll through 50 fox sports nets channels to find it has to be a good thing. I think he knows Cal is his man when it comes to bettering his draft stock and getting him ready for the NBA. How much of a factor thats going to be in the decision is what is going to make or break Kentucky. Personally I like their chances.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.