Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playoff ticket prices

Featured Replies

9 bucks and 10 bucks here in Ohio with no discount for anyone.

 

And the OHSAA is windering why attendance has dropped so much at these games.

Yes they do, and there is a gate split with the 2 schools involved. If I remember right its $8 Adults & $5 kids, (I could be off)

A small price to pay in my opinion. I prefer to direct my hard earned money towards watching a great high school game rather than waste it on the Bengals.

It was announced at our school today that all tickets (adult and student) are $5. I'm not sure if that is set by the school or state, but it seems reasonable for a high school game.

 

$9/10 like NCF mentioned in Ohio seems way too expensive. Of course comparing prices, if you get half the crowd, you still get the same amount of money. But one would think a state like Ohio could generate huge crowds with reasonable prices.

$9 and $10 is awfully high for playoff games. I can understand the prices for the state championship game, but not for playoff games.

 

 

I know in Northern Kentucky, when I was coaching, we charged $6 for adults and $4 for students. There was a 50/50 split for the two teams involved.

PRICLESS!!!

PRICLESS for the kids!!!

 

Lots of schools will barely break even after the split and travel expenses are taken out, some will possibly lose money!!!!!!

Yes they do, and there is a gate split with the 2 schools involved. If I remember right its $8 Adults & $5 kids, (I could be off)

 

Unless something changed or I am mistaken, I don't think the KHSAA sets the price of any playoff game other than the state championships. Because the KHSAA doesn't get any proceeds from the playoff games other than the state championship games, I don't know why they'd regulate the ticket prices for the earlier playoff games. But maybe I'm wrong. Are you certain about that plantmanky?

Unless something changed or I am mistaken, I don't think the KHSAA sets the price of any playoff game other than the state championships. Because the KHSAA doesn't get any proceeds from the playoff games other than the state championship games, I don't know why they'd regulate the ticket prices for the earlier playoff games. But maybe I'm wrong. Are you certain about that plantmanky?

 

You may well be right. Here's a snippet of an email we received earlier this week:

 

...We hope you can come and support the team, however, we need you to be aware that this event, while hosted by GCHS, is not a GCHS event. It is a KHSAA event. We will not be able to offer some of the incentives for the game that we have been able to during the regular season...While we want all of you to attend, we want to be up-front with you about the fact we will have to charge for entry. All tickets, including student tickets, will be $5...

 

That email makes it appear that the KHSAA is calling the shots on ticket prices, but maybe the local district is trying to make as much money as possible (thus no coaches cards, employee passes, etc.) to help off-set expenses for both teams.

You may well be right. Here's a snippet of an email we received earlier this week:

 

...We hope you can come and support the team, however, we need you to be aware that this event, while hosted by GCHS, is not a GCHS event. It is a KHSAA event. We will not be able to offer some of the incentives for the game that we have been able to during the regular season...While we want all of you to attend, we want to be up-front with you about the fact we will have to charge for entry. All tickets, including student tickets, will be $5...

 

That email makes it appear that the KHSAA is calling the shots on ticket prices, but maybe the local district is trying to make as much money as possible (thus no coaches cards, employee passes, etc.) to help off-set expenses for both teams.

 

I looked at the KHSAA tournament rules for Football and didn't see anything in them that dictated what ticket prices would be or that the host school school couldn't honor season passes. Maybe it's in there or somewhere else but I missed it. I think those things are more of gentlemen agreements between the schools. It seems fair that the host school doesn't honor passes to maximize gate receipts and help the traveling school defray travel costs.

Do schools (in particular Highlands) honor season passes for the playoffs? Or do you have to buy a ticket for playoffs?

Do schools (in particular Highlands) honor season passes for the playoffs? Or do you have to buy a ticket for playoffs?

 

There was an announcement at HHS yesterday that the bluebird passes could not be used for the playoff games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.