January 30, 201214 yr Author Elijah had 20 after sitting out a one-game suspension for undisclosed reasons. He received two techs and was ejected in the game before. Served a mandatory league one game suspension. Elijah Pittman, a 6-8, 230-pound sophomore forward, can’t play today for LS-Port Arthur (14-3, 6-0) because he received two technical fouls and was ejected with 4:28 remaining in the Seahawks’ 72-65 victory over Blinn a week ago. Pittman led Lamar State-PA in that game with 22 points, 4 rebounds and 2 blocks. Pittman was tossed after getting into a skirmish with Blinn’s Elijah Jones after he drove to the basket. http://www.eparisextra.com/pjc-sports/2012/01/21/pjc-catches-tough-lamar-state-port-arthur-without-one-of-the-seahawks-best-players/
January 30, 201214 yr He received two techs and was ejected in the game before. Served a mandatory league one game suspension. Elijah Pittman, a 6-8, 230-pound sophomore forward, can’t play today for LS-Port Arthur (14-3, 6-0) because he received two technical fouls and was ejected with 4:28 remaining in the Seahawks’ 72-65 victory over Blinn a week ago. Pittman led Lamar State-PA in that game with 22 points, 4 rebounds and 2 blocks. Pittman was tossed after getting into a skirmish with Blinn’s Elijah Jones after he drove to the basket. http://www.eparisextra.com/pjc-sports/2012/01/21/pjc-catches-tough-lamar-state-port-arthur-without-one-of-the-seahawks-best-players/ Shocker.
February 27, 201214 yr Author 2/22/12: Lamar State College-Port Arthur ended a two-game skid with a 74-65 conference win Wednesday night over Jacksonville. Seahawks sophomore Elijah Pittman went hardcore in the second half, scoring 19 of his game-high 30 points in the final 20 minutes of the game Link Elijah had 26 and 7 the game before.
February 27, 201214 yr Author 2/25: In a message to the rest of the league as the Region 14 tournament nears, the Lamar State College-Port Arthur Seahawks manhandled Angelina College 85-59 to move to 13-4 in conference play. When the Roadrunner defense spread out to protect against the likes of 3-point shooting Darrian Provost and Lakeem Duncan, the Seahawks started feeding inside to Elijah Pittman.... Pittman led the Seahawks with 23 points.... Link
February 27, 201214 yr Pittman appears to dominate as long as he is able to stay away from the suspensions. Glad to see it...
March 5, 201214 yr Author 2/29: Whether Elijah Pittman dunked the basketball before, at or after the final buzzer, the basket counted and Lamar State Port Arthur ushered home Blinn College with a memorable 70-68 heart-stopper that roundball revelers absolutely needed to see. James dribbled in front of the scorer’s table in the final seconds and spotted Pittman breaking to the basket from the right wing. Elijah had enough control of the ball to take it on the way up and slam it down for the game-winner. "I didn’t see how much time was left,” Pittman said after his 19-point game. “I just went up and dunked it. That’s all I could do." LINK Blinn is led by UC target and top JUCO prospect Titus Rubles who goes about 6'8 235. Definetly a nice showing by Pittman. He had 22 and 6 against Titus in the first meeting between these two as well. I'd be surprised if he didn't start for Marshall next year.
March 5, 201214 yr Author 3/3: TYLER — The Lamar State College – Port Arthur Seahawks men's basketball team is the champion of NJCAA Region 14, defeating Tyler Junior College 70-66 on Saturday afternoon at Wagstaff Gym. The Hawks finish their regular season 23-7 overall and 15-4 in conference play, earning Lamar State its first-ever regular season championship. ...With the conference title on the line Saturday afternoon, it appeared early on the Seahawks might be disappointed in reaching their final goal, falling behind by 14 points midway through the first half. That’s when the Hawks went on the attack on the defensive end of the court, forcing turnovers and poor shots by Tyler as Shondel Stewart and Elijah Pittman teamed up to bring Lamar State back to life. .....Pittman led the Seahawks offense with 17 points LINK
March 6, 201214 yr Good for him. I hope this is a sign of more good things to come in his future. I wish him well.
March 6, 201214 yr Good for him. I hope this is a sign of more good things to come in his future. I wish him well. I remember when he was just a little guy watching my son at football practice. He was just a very nice kid and I hope he is now on the right track. Some kids do well for themselves just by getting out of their environments and surroundings. No matter what, to me, he is the poster boy for hard work and dedication and where it will lead you. Good luck Elijah.
March 11, 201214 yr Ugly ending to this game involving Pittman's team. Post-Game incident mars TJC/Lamar St game - KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |
March 11, 201214 yr I feel like I saw his name on Sportsnation yesterday when they were comparing videos of bad shots, but I didn't get to see it. Could have been my mind playing tricks on me.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.