Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA 5A Bracket

Featured Replies

I seen Bowling Green play X this year and came away very impressed with their team. Scooter Hollis made big plays in cruch time against X. Though I haven't seen John Hardin play BG is a Strong Favorite. Congrats. to the Purples on the season they are having thus far. I would have loved to see The Purples vs The Birds this year.

Harlan Co. Black Bears and Coach Tom Larkey will come out of the Lower Bracket.IMO

Harlan Co. Black Bears and Coach Tom Larkey will come out of the Lower Bracket.IMO

 

Agree!!

With all do respect to the great programs at Warren Central, John Hardin, and Christian County, I believe that Bowling Green has the best chance of making it to the State Finals. Bowling Green just seems to me that everytime they have faced a worthy challenge like Warren Central, they have answered the call.

 

On the other side, I wholeheartedly expect a Harlan Co./Franklin Co. Semi-State matchup with the Black Bears prevailing to make their first appearance in the State Finals. Tom Larkey has a potent running attack down in SE Kentucky and many think this is Harlan Co.'s year to challenge for the State Crown in Class 5A. I have no reason to disagree.

 

Therefore, I predict the Bowling Green Purples and the Harlan County Black Bears in the Class 5A Finals. And as I've always heard, once you get there, anything is possible!!!!!!!

When I think of "BGP" I first think of "Bowling Green Purples"!

Just like HHS & T, I think the state tourney is theirs to lose. Go Purples, take state!

favorites: BG & John Hardin

Contenders: WC & Harlan

Dark Horses: Christian & Franklin

 

BG has the hardest road with WC or Christian then most likely John Hardin.

WC will have a test in the first round with a improving Graves team then on the road to Christian.

 

John Hardin won't get test untill the semis. There just that much better than anybody else in 5A up north.

 

Franklin has been putting up crazy numbers all season just don't know much about em. Friends tell me their very good at what they do. Harlan get's better with the cold weather to me it fit's their system.. 5 yards and cloud of dust. Those two chould be a great match-up.

 

If I had to pick who goes to Bowling Green to me it's BG vs Harlan but there are several team who on a given night might....

Im sure it will be down to Franklin County vs. Harlan County eventually, and if so i except to see an amazing game. Ill take Harlan County 35 to 28 because of their size and the unstoppable running game.

Im sure it will be down to Franklin County vs. Harlan County eventually, and if so i except to see an amazing game. Ill take Harlan County 35 to 28 because of their size and the unstoppable running game.

 

They are big and strong and at times their running game can be explosive.

I have seen Bowling Green play 3 games this year. The John Hardin vs. Boyle County game was my only chance to see JH. However, I have discussed both teams with several area coaches and avid fans. We all are in agreement that Bowling Green will have to play a perfect game to beat John Hardin. John Hardin is just as athletic and much larger on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. The winner of this game will win the State Championship...

I don't think BG will HAVE to play perfect to beat JH. JH is a very good team, but BG has more team speed and a duel threat qb. I haven't looked at the rosters for both teams, but I'm sure BG has some very big players too. Should be a dandy if and when they meet...

IMO its pretty obvious that John Hardin, Bowling Green, Franklin County and Harlan County are the best teams in 5A and will be in the semi-finals. I predict Bowling Green and Franklin County to be in the state championship which takes nothing away from Harlan at all but if you've ever seen Franklin County play there are only a handful of teams in the state who can match their speed and excecution play for play and position by position. They should cruise to the semi finals esspecially is their defense plays like it has been the last two weeks...Harlan county is HUGE though and montgomery county's size was a bit of a problem for the flyers, same with East Jessimines size. should be a great game....i will be attending the Bowling Green/Lex Cath game tonight lol.

Hard to get a feel for Franklin.. They have scored a bunch of points but has given up some points to against average competition. Don't think they have face any real speed like BG or John Hardin.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.