Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When should stadium/gym chants by student sections be reigned in?

Featured Replies

I would not allow any cheer attacking an opposing team, coach nor an opposing player by name or number. I know some people may think that takes away some of the fun, but I don't think so and that would be my rule. The CCH crazies have as much enthusiasm and fun as any student fan group I know of and I don't think I have ever heard them attack the opposing team or players like some of the cheers listed above. Get creative. You don't need to be negative or classless to support your team and have a good time doing it.

 

I have a lot of respect for that student section...one of the best.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would not allow any cheer attacking an opposing team, coach nor an opposing player by name or number. I know some people may think that takes away some of the fun, but I don't think so and that would be my rule. The CCH crazies have as much enthusiasm and fun as any student fan group I know of and I don't think I have ever heard them attack the opposing team or players like some of the cheers listed above. Get creative. You don't need to be negative or classless to support your team and have a good time doing it.

I thought it was very creative by the Madison Central Cheering section last year.... when they all came in wearing Mason Co shirts to the game against us....:lol:. You can be creative, but the classless actions are a reflection of you, your school and the administration.

Students see our politicians being jerks and attacking ad hominen, so they think it is OK. Personally, I find it immature and offensive. School officials should man up and stop it as soon as the first chant is uttered......(unless deep down they like, it, too). It is a perfect opportunity to teach the kids a vauable life lesson.

I would not allow any cheer attacking an opposing team, coach nor an opposing player by name or number. I know some people may think that takes away some of the fun, but I don't think so and that would be my rule. The CCH crazies have as much enthusiasm and fun as any student fan group I know of and I don't think I have ever heard them attack the opposing team or players like some of the cheers listed above. Get creative. You don't need to be negative or classless to support your team and have a good time doing it.

 

I have multiple times.

When it gets personal . NCC has a volleyball player that played at Beechwood as an eighth grader but enrolled at NCC as a freshman so she could play with her cousin who was a senior at the time , their mothers are twin sisters and her father graduated from NCC . During her first game back to play at Beechwood in 2009 as a sophomore the Beechwood student body started chanting , blank blank blank blank , you suck now this went on for quite a while without a move from the Beechwood administrators present attempting to stop the chant . Finally our coach complained to the referees and they stopped the match and announced that the game would be forfeit if the chanting didn't stop . It did . Because of this incident NCC has stopped scheduling Beechwood in volleyball at least .

Who stopped the match and who got on the mic?

Who stopped the match and who got on the mic?
The refs .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.