Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th Region Top 5 (December 17, 2005)

Featured Replies

OK, this is the last thing I will say about the North, South, Corbin miscommunication!

South is the #1 team in the 13th region. North may or may not be #2, I don't see that they have proved that yet, but they are a good team! I don't see how anyone can deny that they would prefer being the Home Team because there is usually an advantage to be at home! I don't usually hear anyone say we want to play both of our games with Corbin at Corbin or both of our games with North at North or both of our game with South at South this year! It was not my intent to say that the officiating was in anyway dishonest and I don't think that I did. I was only trying to point out that all officiating is "usually" biased toward the home team. This partly contributes to what is often called Home Court Advantage. I will apologize for allowing one posters adjectives to get under my skin, to you I say I'm Sorry!

  • Replies 79
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be the view you and other Corbin fans have of Kirk. However, I know that when I was a player and the coaches that I knew then dreaded playing Corbin when Kirk has one of your games. I think in the case you are speaking about you ran into the team Charlie Kirk loves more then Corbin.... CLAY! :thumb:

 

I heard they were going to retire Kirk's stripes in Kieth Gymnasium after the regional tourney. OINK! OINK!

 

:lol: :lol: :dancingpa

1. The Cawood game was actually pretty close for most of the game and it was the first start on a hostile court for a Cawood team replacing 4 starters.

2. Leslie Co.'s record is 1-3.

3. North has a very good schedule, but it is not the toughest in the state or probably not the hardest is Laurel Co.

4. Losing by double digits to good teams proves what?

5. I agree with you though, I think that North Laurel is the 2nd best team in the region, but others who do not have the above to base their case on, at least until they play North Laurel.

 

 

1. North Laurel lost 4 starters and 7 seniors

2. North Laurel's schedule was rated the hardest in th state by the coaches.

3. The game was played at Leslie Co., winning anywhere in the mountains is very tough.

In defense of The Riot. I dont think he was arguing that SL didnt get a fair shake, but was just trying to say that officiating had no outcome on the score of the SL Corbin game.

 

Addout made a comment that SL playing at home had an outcome on the SL Corbin game, and that the game would have been closer at Corbin. It seemed that Addout was insinuating that officials played a role in the final score of the SL Corbin game. The Riot was just arguing that if the officials were anything to Corbin, it was that they were very kind and if this game had been played at Corbin, the outcome would have been no different. :thumb:

 

Exactly. I've seen SL play alot better so far this season. They seemed to play alot more selfishly against Corbin, shooting alot of three's.

OK, this is the last thing I will say about the North, South, Corbin miscommunication!

South is the #1 team in the 13th region. North may or may not be #2, I don't see that they have proved that yet, but they are a good team! I don't see how anyone can deny that they would prefer being the Home Team because there is usually an advantage to be at home! I don't usually hear anyone say we want to play both of our games with Corbin at Corbin or both of our games with North at North or both of our game with South at South this year! It was not my intent to say that the officiating was in anyway dishonest and I don't think that I did. I was only trying to point out that all officiating is "usually" biased toward the home team. This partly contributes to what is often called Home Court Advantage. I will apologize for allowing one posters adjectives to get under my skin, to you I say I'm Sorry!

 

 

Just a misunderstanding.

  • Author
I heard they were going to retire Kirk's stripes in Kieth Gymnasium after the regional tourney. OINK! OINK!

 

:lol: :lol: :dancingpa

 

:laugh:

Barbourville could argue the #2 spot because they have been very solid this season, despite their loss to Cawood. Barbourville's loss to Cawood at Barbourville is too much for me to put Barbourville at #2 over North Laurel (who beat that same Cawood team). However in the Cawood loss several of Barbourville's best players, including Cox, did not play. Not sure how strong an argument this is for Barbourville being #2, but I could see how one could see it this way.

 

I personally believe NL is #2, and dont see how you can argue otherwise when you look at what they have done thus far this season, ON THE COURT. However, I could see where Clay and Barbourville could have an argument for being #2. Thats the only teams I could see having an argument for being #2 though.

 

Cox was the only Barbourville player out against Cawood. Where did you get several?

1. North Laurel lost 4 starters and 7 seniors

2. North Laurel's schedule was rated the hardest in th state by the coaches.

3. The game was played at Leslie Co., winning anywhere in the mountains is very tough.

 

Those are valid arguments. Like I said before, I agree that North is #2, but someone has to play the devil's advocate.

Those are valid arguments. Like I said before, I agree that North is #2, but someone has to play the devil's advocate.

 

 

Very true, 4chs. Nice avatar by the way, Kramer is the single funniest person alive.

Can anyone tell me what is going on with Bell's team? I heard a lot of nasty things are coming out of there. Trouble in the locker room/coach?

Can anyone tell me what is going on with Bell's team? I heard a lot of nasty things are coming out of there. Trouble in the locker room/coach?

 

 

A couple of football players didn't come out for basketball, but the ones on the team now appear to get along OK. I don't see Bell that much though. The coach has won the district every year he's been there, and they are always very competitive.

I was hoping that my bobocats would be a contender, but Ryan Whitaker broke a bone in his foot against Harlan and is out for 4- 6 weeks

 

 

I thought he played the entire game against Harlan. When did that happen?

 

Is that the same injury he had in football as a sophomore?

3. The answer to your question is yes I think that South's 35 point win over

Corbin at South is about equal to their 18 point win over North at North.

 

I'm sorry, but I find that comment downright laughable.

 

For the record...SL kept their starters in the entire game agianst NL, they called off the dogs in the 3rd against Corbin.

 

Corbin will struggle against better (or quicker) competition until they get better guard play.

3. North has a very good schedule, but it is not the toughest in the state or probably not the hardest is Laurel Co.

 

Actually it has been judged as the toughest in the state. They'll play the regining State Champion at least twice (maybe 4 x), the best team in the state (Scott County @ Scott) in the Toyota Classic, 5/3 Classic, Bryan Station, etc.).

 

I'd like to know what Coach Brown was thinking when he left NL with this schedule. :confused:

I'm sorry, but I find that comment downright laughable.

 

For the record...SL kept their starters in the entire game agianst NL, they called off the dogs in the 3rd against Corbin.

 

Corbin will struggle against better (or quicker) competition until they get better guard play.

 

Do you think that teams will agree not press or trap Corbin until they improve in that area? Believe it or not, in last year's 13th region tournament, the other teams did little or no pressing or trapping of the Hounds. I thought that it was a huge factor in Corbin's run to the regional title as they struggled against it last year also.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.