Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 35 Holmes 20

Featured Replies

Final from Newport. I left when it was 35-0. Don't know what happened in the 4th.

Details anyone.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Gotta text from someone there. Not positive about this.

I left after Holmes scored with :26.2 left in the 4th 2pt conversion no good and score 35-14. Before I got to my car Holmes recovered onside kick, but I left before they resumed play, injury to NewCath player on the play. The Breds have to learn to hold on to the ball a little better, the boys coughed it up too many times tonight.

  • Author

Can't believe this. Did NCC pull their starters or just started turning it over? They were in command the whole game. Holmes is very good at causing turnovers.

Holmes onside kick with 20 seconds left down 35-8, Collopy took a cheap shot and the game was stopped while he was transported to hospital with neck injury. The game was obviously out of reach and the Holmes coach showed no class in kicking it onside. Newcath players worried about teamate as Holmes threw hail mary for touchdown. Any other team playing Holmes watch for cheap shots.

Bottom line is NCC won.

Holmes onside kick with 20 seconds left down 35-8, Collopy took a cheap shot and the game was stopped while he was transported to hospital with neck injury. The game was obviously out of reach and the Holmes coach showed no class in kicking it onside. Newcath players worried about teamate as Holmes threw hail mary for touchdown. Any other team playing Holmes watch for cheap shots.

 

Actually it was 35-14 when the onside kick happened. How is this classless to do a onside kick when you are losing? How was it a cheap shot, it was a onside kick and kids were diving for the ball and unfortunately the New Cath kid

possibly got hit helmet to helmet or maybe took a shot to the neck, not sure. But, it was defintely not a cheap shot.

Just another clueless response on bluegrasspreps by another clueless poster.

Bottom line is NCC won.

 

no....bottom line... How is the kid taken to the hospital?

Holmes is very good at stripping the ball it looks like they practice it. I noticed it when they played Scott, two guys on you while one goes for the strip.

  • Author

I wasn't there at the end and I hope the kid is alright for NCC. I can't respond whether it was a cheap shot or not, however, usually those things are players just

crashing into the receiving team taking out the front line and hopefully, someone gets on the ball. team. You can debate with the game out of reach, should you do it, but you teach kids to never give up and play hard until the end, no problem here. Bottom line, Holmes got whipped in the first quarter and couldn't recover

Hightchew is a great player for which Holmes had no answer early and for most of the game. I don't think it's an accident teams fumble against Holmes. They go after the ball, coaches have to see that on the tape (I'm sure they did) and make kids aware. Easier said than done sometimes.

Sure hope the young man from New Cath is ok. I was at the game and how anyone can say it was a cheap shot is amazing to me, there was a pill up for an on side kick and infortunatly the young man seemed to be on the bottom of the pile, and as for Holmes kicking it onside, that is what they did most of the night, they struggle with kicking game, why would anyone want the Holmes team to stop playing, Holmes coach is a class person and was nealing along side the the New Cath Player , as Holmes players was on the sidelines, i do not post much, but to say Holmes showed no class is crazy and this team, amoung officials does not have a reputation of cheap shots, i thing the un sportsman like penatlys were about even i remember, a play being well over and a New Cath player plowing into a Holmes player and received a 15 yard penalty, New Cath has a tradition, is a class program and always well coached in ever sport, just please dont call the young men from Holmes cheap shots if you was not out their in the pile up for the kick.

Holmes has a reputation for years of cheap shots once they know they are out of the game. It will take some time to lose that reputation. I was not at the game to make a call on it but the stories never change.

  • Author
Holmes has a reputation for years of cheap shots once they know they are out of the game. It will take some time to lose that reputation. I was not at the game to make a call on it but the stories never change.

 

I've been to almost every game in the last five years and I disagree. This is the hardest hitting team I have seen. I stand on the field for the games and hear

the interactions by the coaches and on the field when near me. There have been occasions when I have seen several teams including Holmes have late hits of

unsportsmanlike penalties. However, it doesn't seem out of the ordinary through the course of a season.. I see coaches from Holmes and other teams take care

of it.

Actually it was 35-14 when the onside kick happened. How is this classless to do a onside kick when you are losing? How was it a cheap shot, it was a onside kick and kids were diving for the ball and unfortunately the New Cath kid

possibly got hit helmet to helmet or maybe took a shot to the neck, not sure. But, it was defintely not a cheap shot.

Just another clueless response on bluegrasspreps by another clueless poster.

 

It's classless to kick an onside kick when you are down 35-14 with 20 seconds left in the game, with no hopes of winning. Rewatching it today it was a cheapshot as the ball was already past collopy and recovered by holmes. the holmes player dove head first into the side of collopys head. cheat shots were occuring the entire game, as newcath has a few players banged up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.