Casey County 39 Taylor County 0

Shouldn't be a big surprise. This Taylor team hasn't won at any level from middle school on up. They will finish 2-8 this year and not be competitive in most games. I wasn't surprised at all.

39-0 nothing I think surprises most people. If they Casey won 24-12, maybe no surprise but to get blown out like that by Casey is surprising to me.

Casey won 8 games last year, including a playoff win. Taylor only scored 12 touchdowns all of last year. Casey scored 34 against Breathitt in their 2nd round playoff loss. Taylor is no better than they were a year ago, so I'll say again not surprised. Taylor will beat Breckinridge, but that will be it. Casey will win several games this year and may very well win their 2nd playoff game in school history.

What does last year have to do with anything? Both teams have new head coaches and Casey lost some very good players while Taylor returned some. Casey is a little thin on numbers and was dealing with some internal issues with their program. Taylor is run by a former college offensive coordinator so I thought they would something on the board. I think a 39-0 score is a little surprising. Their new coach is obviously doing a good job. It does not surprise me Casey won, it surprises me in the way in which they did it. It may not surprise you but it surprised me.

I went to the game Friday night and really liked the Casey team. #54 is a stud. He played both ways and was impressive. Casey seemed to have a lot of confidence in what they were doing, and it showed on the field. Running backs ran extremely hard. Taylor was one-dimentional. Even when they started getting behind they kept running the option and did not throw the ball. Casey's defense just throttled them. Don't know how they will stack up with Corbin, Wayne or Bell, but I wouldn't overlook them.

Casey will get brought back to earth this week when they travel to Green Co to take on the Dragons. GC 42, CC 6

They are a 1-1 football team. I don't think they have left earth. The Rebels are well aware of what they are up against every week. They will go to Greensburg and play hard and let the scoreboard tell the tale.