Small school

Holy Cross 5-0 (3-0)

CovCath 7th 4-1 (3-0)

Ludlow 2-3 (1-2)

Turkeyfoot 7th 2-3 (1-2)

Beechwood 1-4 (1-2)

Campbell Co.7 th 0-5 (0-3)

Edited by C-BOY78

What teams make up each division and where would Highlands fit if they were to place a team in the league.

When I was in JR. High and Duffy was the Varsity coach, they had 2 teams, Blue and White. Generally one of the teams was stacked and always competed for the championship and the other was comprised of mostly 6th, 7th, and smaller 8th graders. I believe that continued until Mueller's 2nd or 3rd year. They would be in the big class.

• 2 weeks later...

Week 6 Results

Ludlow 16 Beechwood 0

Newport 26 Sharp 0

Campbell 8th 44 Woodland 27

Holmes 16 Tichenor 12

CovCath 7th 34 Holy Cross 22

Turkeyfoot 8th 26 Twenhofel 0

Turkeyfoot 7th 44 Campbell 7th 7

Newport Catholic 33 Brossart 6

CovCath 8th 40 Summit View 0

Week 7 Results

CovCath 7th 34 Ludlow 0

CovCath 8th 8 Turkeyfoot 0

Holmes 34 Brossart 12

Tichenor 39 Sharp 20

Campbell 8th 34 Summit View 14

Newport Catholic 30 Newport 6

Holy Cross 35 Campbell 7th 14

Twenhofel 14 Woodland 8

Turkeyfoot 7th 50 Beechwood 0

When I was in JR. High and Duffy was the Varsity coach, they had 2 teams, Blue and White. Generally one of the teams was stacked and always competed for the championship and the other was comprised of mostly 6th, 7th, and smaller 8th graders. I believe that continued until Mueller's 2nd or 3rd year. They would be in the big class.

This is untrue. How I know is because myself and HHS coach Brian Weinrich both helped coach the North team for 4 years. Both teams were divided by jurisdiction as they are somewhat today. So the North was a combo of Red/Gold and the South team was Blue/Green. Both were competitive in the NKY league with the North playing in the championship 3 of the 4 years that I coached, winning it twice. The teams were not stacked to favor one or the other like you are assuming. In fact, Tom New was the coach of the South team and he would have never let that happen. Heck, he had Duffer Duffy as his QB....You think they would of put him on the weaker team. Just wouldn't have happen like that.

Hope this helps!

Week 7 Results

CovCath 7th 34 Ludlow 0

CovCath 8th 8 Turkeyfoot 0

Holmes 34 Brossart 12

Tichenor 39 Sharp 20

Campbell 8th 34 Summit View 14

Newport Catholic 30 Newport 6

Holy Cross 35 Campbell 7th 14

Twenhofel 14 Woodland 8

Turkeyfoot 7th 50 Beechwood 0

So what are the standings?

This is untrue. How I know is because myself and HHS coach Brian Weinrich both helped coach the North team for 4 years. Both teams were divided by jurisdiction as they are somewhat today. So the North was a combo of Red/Gold and the South team was Blue/Green. Both were competitive in the NKY league with the North playing in the championship 3 of the 4 years that I coached, winning it twice. The teams were not stacked to favor one or the other like you are assuming. In fact, Tom New was the coach of the South team and he would have never let that happen. Heck, he had Duffer Duffy as his QB....You think they would of put him on the weaker team. Just wouldn't have happen like that.

Hope this helps!

It does. I just remeber 7TH & 8th grades they always had one dominant team and one bad one. I didn't know that they went by districts.

CovCath 8th lost to Campbell County on Saturday 38-16. I was really impressed with the Campbell running game, as they pretty much ran at will against the Colonel defense. The Campbell offense took over in the second half, and the Colonels had no real answer. Also, the Colonels two scores were long passes. The final score could have been worse.

Side note, I was very impressed with the Colonel QB. I think he was #6.