Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 2011

Featured Replies

What does Mercer County need to do to improve in 2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Mercer on film last season. Had a lot of talent. Paul will do a good job. Tough District. Good Luck to Mercer.

If Mercer County can remain focused from the first practice to the last game then they should have a good season and things should only get better for Coach Rains and the Titans after this year. Talking to the players they believe they can beat Boyle County and that is the first time they have felt that way in 3 years. Whether they put in the work mentally and physically to do so remains to be seen.

 

 

Good luck Titans. My third favorite team.:thumb:

The Titans will be solid under Coach R. He knows how to win and is a champion. He will bring his faith, knowledge and passion for the game to the kids. Not sure if this will be there break through year but it won't be long before up there with the best IMO. Good Luck Titans.

How have their practices been going? I would expect them to have a big season this year. They have a senior dominated class and this class was in the weight room from their sophomore year on so that should pay big dividends. 7 or 8 wins should be doable this year with this class!

 

Best of Luck Titans!

How have their practices been going? I would expect them to have a big season this year. They have a senior dominated class and this class was in the weight room from their sophomore year on so that should pay big dividends. 7 or 8 wins should be doable this year with this class!

 

Best of Luck Titans!

 

I have heard that Alex Guay and Jake Long both have looked good learning the new offense. I also have heard that James Johnson is healthy as well.

I have heard that Alex Guay and Jake Long both have looked good learning the new offense. I also have heard that James Johnson is healthy as well.
I guess Paul will run the Spread Off.?

Who will be th QB, and how good will he be?

Is Dennis Ledford on the Mercer staff? If so what will be his duties?

I guess Paul will run the Spread Off.?

Who will be th QB, and how good will he be?

 

I am guessing that Alex Guay will get the starting nod as qb. Guay is a senior and Long is a sophomore and I could see Long being the starting qb by the end of the year or getting regular snaps in each game. I have heard they both look good but they both look good doing different things. One makes better decisions the other has a better arm.

 

I have been told Coach Rains is bringing his offense and installing it. Even sent the team to the Tony Franklin camp for practice on learning the offense. I even heard he told the middle school to install the offense and their offensive players went to the camp as well. I was told that he told the middle school coaches that he doesn't care if the middle school doesn't win a game their job is to install the offense. What's funny is I am hearing the middle school looks great running the offense. They were already going to be the most talented middle school team Mercer County has seen in a long time but apparently they are picking things up quickly at the middle school level. I plan to watch the middle school team often this fall. This group will be fun to track.

Is Dennis Ledford on the Mercer staff? If so what will be his duties?

 

I believe he is the lineman coach.

Hearing Jake Long has been looking better each day. Mercer is in the position to have a 3 year starting qb in 2 years if he gets the starting nod. Stay tuned.

Coach Ledford is the Asst Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and OL coach. I know he is excited and that He works with the offense under Coach Raines.

I am anxious to see how Titans do, I know Coach L is excited about the job.

 

I am as well. Starting this year they will continue to get better every year.

Purplepride Im almost positive Jake is already the starter. Alex Guay hasnt taken a snap for a while now and the two other people that takes snaps are freshman.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.