Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paris 2011

Featured Replies

What does Paris need to do to improve in 2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

I just really hope that the people of Paris can get that once proud program back. The Paris kids work and play hard from kickoff to final buzzer.

  • Author

I'd like to see Paris back where they used to be, but I think it will take some changes in administration to do that.

 

Here's to hoping Paris and improve and have a season to build on.

I am hearing good things/optimism for the 2011 season. Hope it works out. Go Hounds!

Paris has to fight a numbers battle in the entire school. According to the realignment information they only have 96 boys in the entire school. Only two football playing schools in Kentucky, Fulton City and Eminence, are smaller. And with many kids focusing on band or other sports its really difficult to have many players. Add on an administration that may not be the most supportive and it's hard to overcome. But Chief Smoke's post is very encouraging; hopefully they will be able to build success in a district that they should be able to compete in (Frankfort, Bracken County, Eminence).

 

I'd be interested to know what their enrollment numbers were in the 1970s and 80s. I'd almost guarantee it was more than 96 boys.

I'd like to see Paris back where they used to be, but I think it will take some changes in administration to do that.

Here's to hoping Paris and improve and have a season to build on.

 

:thumb: On the bolded. Paris needs to support all programs. Their kids deserve better. I personally was inspired by the way that 12 kids total came to Raceland and played with everything they had on every snap. They could have easily packed it in and gave up on their season entirely but they didn't.

Paris has to fight a numbers battle in the entire school. According to the realignment information they only have 96 boys in the entire school. Only two football playing schools in Kentucky, Fulton City and Eminence, are smaller. And with many kids focusing on band or other sports its really difficult to have many players. Add on an administration that may not be the most supportive and it's hard to overcome. But Chief Smoke's post is very encouraging; hopefully they will be able to build success in a district that they should be able to compete in (Frankfort, Bracken County, Eminence).

 

I'd be interested to know what their enrollment numbers were in the 1970s and 80s. I'd almost guarantee it was more than 96 boys.

If they haven't transfered or quit they had a good group of athletes that should be sophs or freshmen now, can anyone confirm?

You got to feel for the boys. If Coach Everridge can get some boys out and some more coaches that can support him they could begin to turn a corner. JJ is a good coach and the boys who play are dedicated. They need to get the numbers up and more assistant coaches who are passionate about football. Good Luck Paris I wish you the best.

You got to feel for the boys. If Coach Everridge can get some boys out and some more coaches that can support him they could begin to turn a corner. JJ is a good coach and the boys who play are dedicated. They need to get the numbers up and more assistant coaches who are passionate about football. Good Luck Paris I wish you the best.

 

:thumb::thumb: Well said.

Im hearing a lot of rumors that this could be the last year for Paris football. If what I am hearing is true it would be sad for a program that has good history to fall out.

Im hearing a lot of rumors that this could be the last year for Paris football. If what I am hearing is true it would be sad for a program that has good history to fall out.

 

That would not surprise me one bit.

  • Author

Then the band will not have to worry about the football team practicing on their field.

Then the band will not have to worry about the football team practicing on their field.

 

Bingo!

This will not be the last year for Paris Football. There are 13 8th graders coming up after this season that should stay together. The feeder program has been improved and the numbers in the feeder program is growing. Paris has just had a few down years as far as the # of boys in each class (must be the water in Stoner Creek). This could be the year for the Hounds to turn the tide and get back into the win column. A winning season coupled with 13 incoming Freshmen that should go deep into the middle school playoffs would lay the foundation to rebuild this proud program.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.