Danville 2011

Ram

Danville will open the season against Lincoln County in the PBK Bank Death Valley Bowl. This will be the first time they have played each other since 2004. I will be interested to hear what kind of team they will field this coming year.

• 3 months later...

Star running back Patrick Brand will not be with the team for his senior year. Danville should be fine though. Plenty of horses in the stable capable of carrying the ball efficiently for Danville. Their defense should be stout.

They picked up a transfer from Garrard County. Don't know his name I just hear he is a stud and that he is huge. I love the irony in Coach Harp not wanting to let Will Dunn go but happily accepting a kid coming in.

Star running back Patrick Brand will not be with the team for his senior year. Danville should be fine though. Plenty of horses in the stable capable of carrying the ball efficiently for Danville. Their defense should be stout.

They picked up a transfer from Garrard County. Don't know his name I just hear he is a stud and that he is huge. I love the irony in Coach Harp not wanting to let Will Dunn go but happily accepting a kid coming in.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious in re the bolded? Because Harp did what he is supposed to do under the KHSAA rules concerning an outgoing transfer, you expect him never to accept an incoming transfer? Please. I love your enthusiasm and loyalty for Boyle, but it blinds you at times. You are not alone though on this site.

How about leaving that issue out of the Danville 2011 thread, talk about what the Ads will have this year and how they can improve over last year.

They picked up a transfer from Garrard County. Don't know his name I just hear he is a stud and that he is huge. I love the irony in Coach Harp not wanting to let Will Dunn go but happily accepting a kid coming in.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious in re the bolded? Because Harp did what he is supposed to do under the KHSAA rules concerning an outgoing transfer, you expect him never to accept an incoming transfer? Please. I love your enthusiasm and loyalty for Boyle, but it blinds you at times. You are not alone though on this site.

How about leaving that issue out of the Danville 2011 thread, talk about what the Ads will have this year and how they can improve over last year.

That is the talk of the town about Danville 2011. It would be irresponsible to ignore it.

How do you know my true feelings about the situation? I have never changed my stance concerning transfers(they should NEVER have to sit out for any reason) but this situation is ironic whether you want to believe it or not. What do you know of this situation? I know there are many many people in town(Danville fans) saying the kid never moved from Garrard County but is on the team. Are you totally sure that Coach Harp followed all of the rules concerning this transfer? All I am simply doing is relaying info that is being passed in the streets(within the rules of this message board) and waiting to see if any of the Danville fans(there are plenty) on this site care to speak on the issue and hopefully clarify the rumors about this new kid on their team because there is a lot of info going through town that no one seems to be able to confirm. Why don't you learn info on the situation and if you find out I am wrong then address the misconceptions running rampant throughout the town? Again, all the info I received about this kid came from Danville fans so while you once again are jumping on your high horse worrying about my posts, get all the info before you approach with your can't-we-all-get-along, you're-blind-because-I-don't-agree-with-your-posts attitude and recognize that some of us just want to know what is going on because as I said, the ones talking about this issue are DANVILLE fans. In case that isn't clear to you.

As a Boyle County fan I could care less about what Danville does and because I know so many kids/parents from that team that I wish them nothing but success except for one game on their schedule. I am not from here so I don't have the deep seated hate for Danville that some have. I hate(but highly respect) Highlands and LexCath way way way way more than I hate Danville. As far as I am concerned you are just as blind as you claim I am. Nobody from Boyle County and I mean NOBODY from Boyle County cares about the kid from Garrard County playing for Danville. I just want to know the story and I see the irony in it and if me being a Boyle County supporter makes the question cloudy or shady then so be it.

That is the talk of the town about Danville 2011. It would be irresponsible to ignore it.

How do you know my true feelings about the situation? I have never changed my stance concerning transfers(they should NEVER have to sit out for any reason) but this situation is ironic whether you want to believe it or not. What do you know of this situation? I know there are many many people in town(Danville fans) saying the kid never moved from Garrard County but is on the team. Are you totally sure that Coach Harp followed all of the rules concerning this transfer? All I am simply doing is relaying info that is being passed in the streets(within the rules of this message board) and waiting to see if any of the Danville fans(there are plenty) on this site care to speak on the issue and hopefully clarify the rumors about this new kid on their team because there is a lot of info going through town that no one seems to be able to confirm. Why don't you learn info on the situation and if you find out I am wrong then address the misconceptions running rampant throughout the town? Again, all the info I received about this kid came from Danville fans so while you once again are jumping on your high horse worrying about my posts, get all the info before you approach with your can't-we-all-get-along, you're-blind-because-I-don't-agree-with-your-posts attitude and recognize that some of us just want to know what is going on because as I said, the ones talking about this issue are DANVILLE fans. In case that isn't clear to you.

As a Boyle County fan I could care less about what Danville does and because I know so many kids/parents from that team that I wish them nothing but success except for one game on their schedule. I am not from here so I don't have the deep seated hate for Danville that some have. I hate(but highly respect) Highlands and LexCath way way way way more than I hate Danville. As far as I am concerned you are just as blind as you claim I am. Nobody from Boyle County and I mean NOBODY from Boyle County cares about the kid from Garrard County playing for Danville. I just want to know the story and I see the irony in it and if me being a Boyle County supporter makes the question cloudy or shady then so be it.

Not wanting to participate in the thread jacking, I've sent you a PM. You'll be surprised what I know and how I know it.

They picked up a transfer from Garrard County. Don't know his name I just hear he is a stud and that he is huge. I love the irony in Coach Harp not wanting to let Will Dunn go but happily accepting a kid coming in.

I saw the big guy last night at the highschool, He is huge, I was told 6' 5" and about 290, he will make a big impact this year.:eek:

I saw the big guy last night at the highschool, He is huge, I was told 6' 5" and about 290, he will make a big impact this year.:eek:

I hope so. I keep trying to tell some Danville fans that you guys will still be one of the top teams in 2A despite the loss of your leading rusher. Some are just too skeptical and believe he was the whole team. I think Marcus Brown will shine at running back and Tryston Ford should shine on both sides of the ball. How is Devonte looking?

I hope so. I keep trying to tell some Danville fans that you guys will still be one of the top teams in 2A despite the loss of your leading rusher. Some are just too skeptical and believe he was the whole team. I think Marcus Brown will shine at running back and Tryston Ford should shine on both sides of the ball. How is Devonte looking?
What I have seen, most of his passes look like a frozen rope, if he has matured and can make better decisions with the ball in games, then he will be a major impact player.

Danville will open the season against Lincoln County in the PBK Bank Death Valley Bowl. This will be the first time they have played each other since 2004. I will be interested to hear what kind of team they will field this coming year.
If you read Fridays football preview in the Advocate Messenger, I think Sam Harp is quietly confident in the ADS this year.:sssh::D:cool:

What I have seen, most of his passes look like a frozen rope, if he has matured and can make better decisions with the ball in games, then he will be a major impact player.

That will be a big key for Danville's passing game. Alcorn was very talented last season, but he made too many bad decisions. If they can get his decision-making improved then he can be very good, and by extension, their team will be very good.