Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Foo Fighters - "Wasting Light"

Featured Replies

OK, I may be the only one who cares... But Foo Fighters are releasing their first album since 2007 tomorrow and I can't wait. Dave Grohl is one of my favorite musicians, and I buy pretty much everything that he is involved with.

 

For anyone who may be interested, the album is available for streaming at http://wastinglight.foofighters.com/. This album has a different sound than you may be used to with the Foos and took me a couple of listens but now it has really grown on me...

 

My favorite tracks are "Dear Rosemary" and "Arlandria" but I really like them all. Bob Mould (Husker Du) supplies guest vocals on "Dear Rosemary" while Krist Noveselic (the other surviving member of Nirvana) plays bass on "I Should Have Known".

 

In my opinion, the weakest song on the entire album is the lead single, "Rope". Compared to their other lead singles ("This is a Call", "Monkey Wrench", "Learn to Fly", "All My Life", "Best of You", and "The Pretender), it just doesn't stack up.

 

Is it sad that I am so excited to spend money on something that's right there for free? Probably. But I'm doing it anyways.

 

Anyone else remotely care?

Yes I do. I really like some of the Foo Fighter's music. Thanks for the thread.

 

And when will it be available on itunes?

  • Author

Midnight tonight... Sometimes they release them at 11, though.

  • Author

I'm liking this more and more after every listen.

 

And yes, I'm that guy who will listen to nothing but this album for the next month probably... Until something else comes out that grabs my attention.

I'm semi-interested. I got kind of burnt out on the Foo Fighters a few years back...I still don't own One By One or Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, but I've heard some good rumblings about this album. Although, I've got to admit, I'm a little more interested in buying their album of cover songs that they are releasing for Record Store Day on Saturday: Link

  • Author

One By One is pretty mehh overall... I don't own Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace either, but I loved "The Pretender".

I did purchase the cd and am overall pleased with it.

 

Also hangman I thought I'd let you know I'm going to see Rise Against in Chicago in May :D

  • Author

That's awesome. I just bought Lollapalooza tickets last week.

I'll have to look into this album, Grohl is one of my favorites.

 

The covers album looks good too. Their versions of "Band on the Run" and "Darlking Nikki" are outstanding IMO.

I did purchase the cd and am overall pleased with it.

 

Also hangman I thought I'd let you know I'm going to see Rise Against in Chicago in May :D

 

I'm jealous. Rise Against is awesome live...

I'm jealous. Rise Against is awesome live...

 

Oh yeah, I remember when they were at Riverbend 2 years ago. You missed out :lol:

  • Author

Just wanted to bump this to say 3 things:

 

1. This album is still awesome.

2. I will be seeing Foo Fighters @ Nationwide Arena in Columbus in September. Section 102, baby!

3. Rise Against is opening for them.

 

It's win/win/win!

Just wanted to bump this to say 3 things:

 

1. This album is still awesome.

2. I will be seeing Foo Fighters @ Nationwide Arena in Columbus in September. Section 102, baby!

3. Rise Against is opening for them.

 

It's win/win/win!

 

Heck yeah :lol:

After just finding out about it. I will probably be going too :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.