Foo Fighters - "Wasting Light"

Hangman

OK, I may be the only one who cares... But Foo Fighters are releasing their first album since 2007 tomorrow and I can't wait. Dave Grohl is one of my favorite musicians, and I buy pretty much everything that he is involved with.

For anyone who may be interested, the album is available for streaming at http://wastinglight.foofighters.com/. This album has a different sound than you may be used to with the Foos and took me a couple of listens but now it has really grown on me...

My favorite tracks are "Dear Rosemary" and "Arlandria" but I really like them all. Bob Mould (Husker Du) supplies guest vocals on "Dear Rosemary" while Krist Noveselic (the other surviving member of Nirvana) plays bass on "I Should Have Known".

In my opinion, the weakest song on the entire album is the lead single, "Rope". Compared to their other lead singles ("This is a Call", "Monkey Wrench", "Learn to Fly", "All My Life", "Best of You", and "The Pretender), it just doesn't stack up.

Is it sad that I am so excited to spend money on something that's right there for free? Probably. But I'm doing it anyways.

Anyone else remotely care?

I'm semi-interested. I got kind of burnt out on the Foo Fighters a few years back...I still don't own One By One or Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, but I've heard some good rumblings about this album. Although, I've got to admit, I'm a little more interested in buying their album of cover songs that they are releasing for Record Store Day on Saturday: Link

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this to say 3 things:

1. This album is still awesome.

2. I will be seeing Foo Fighters @ Nationwide Arena in Columbus in September. Section 102, baby!

3. Rise Against is opening for them.

It's win/win/win!

Just wanted to bump this to say 3 things:

1. This album is still awesome.

2. I will be seeing Foo Fighters @ Nationwide Arena in Columbus in September. Section 102, baby!

3. Rise Against is opening for them.

It's win/win/win!

Heck yeah :lol: