2011 HS age Spring and Summer Basketball

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who plays in this? Holiday weekend and the weekend after State. Timing not very good.
Not many teams, I actually haven't heard of any of 6 the teams in the HS division. It's great that they will still play with such low numbers! But the guy is too high on his price!

Holiday weekend and the weekend after State. Timing not very good.
Actually, Memorial Day weekend is HUGE for tourneys! At the Kings Island tourney there are 32 16/17 yr old teams, boys and girls totals are over 180 teams! There is a another huge one in Louisville, and anther in Columbus Ohio.

Actually, Memorial Day weekend is HUGE for tourneys! At the Kings Island tourney there are 32 16/17 yr old teams, boys and girls totals are over 180 teams! There is a another huge one in Louisville, and anther in Columbus Ohio.

Then I stand corrected SG. Thanks for the info. As for our team, I am really glad to be taking a week off after a long grind. Balance it out with some family activities. IMO, Holiday weekends should be about spending time with family and taking a break. Good luck to all the teams playing.

Is the KY Elite 16U still together? Monroe, McGovney, Sanders, etc. I did nt hear anything about them at state last week.

KY Elite had a good run at state. They went 2-0 in pool play and beat a good Higher Level team in the bracket. They went cold against Willis and the BA Hoyas in the Elite 8.

I have heard of at least 4 of the teams in this tournament. Air Attack is a nice team from up in Northern Ohio. The Tennessee Tigers are always scrappy. The reason for the high price is because this is more like a showcase with McDonald' All American selection committee and recruiting services that will be there. My team played in this last year and it was really well run. There are 9 teams in the varsity field, which is about the same that was in the highly touted King of the South tournament this year. At least they have enough teams to field a tournament and do not cancel on the Thursday before the tournament!

I have heard of at least 4 of the teams in this tournament. Air Attack is a nice team from up in Northern Ohio. The Tennessee Tigers are always scrappy. The reason for the high price is because this is more like a showcase with McDonald' All American selection committee and recruiting services that will be there. My team played in this last year and it was really well run. There are 9 teams in the varsity field, which is about the same that was in the highly touted King of the South tournament this year. At least they have enough teams to field a tournament and do not cancel on the Thursday before the tournament!
:thumb:

Is the KY Elite 16U still together? Monroe, McGovney, Sanders, etc. I did nt hear anything about them at state last week.

They are still together but they didn't play well this past weekend up to their capabilities. They were on the road the past two weekends where they Won the Murray State Classic and finished in the top 16 in the Wallace Prather Classic in ATL losing to the tournament champions Southern Select from Georgia and Alabama while only having 6-7 players for both tournaments.

While they played in state, they really didn't play well for the exception of Nate Mcgovney and Tyler Page from Campbell Co and Scott County.

They are playing this weekend in Louisville along with the BA Hoyas and The Ville before the break and returning with their HS teams.

Monroe had a breakout tournament in Atlanta along with Quin Richardson and Blake Sanders in Murray.

The Shining Stars will be playing in Columbus this weekend. BA Hoyas will be playing in Chicago.