Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who wins the SEC tournament?

Who wins the SEC Tournament? 60 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the SEC Tournament?

    • Alabama
      5%
      3
    • Arkansas
      0%
      0
    • Auburn
      0%
      0
    • Florida
      18%
      11
    • Georgia
      1%
      1
    • Kentucky
      65%
      39
    • LSU
      0%
      0
    • Ole Miss
      1%
      1
    • Mississippi State
      3%
      2
    • South Carolina
      0%
      0
    • Tennessee
      0%
      0
    • Vanderbilt
      5%
      3

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'm taking Florida.

 

They're the best team in the conference, IMO, and I picked them to win it. But to be honest, they have a very tough bracket.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart says KY. My head says FL.

There are a handful of teams that it wouldn't surprise me to see win. But, I've got to go with Kentucky. I like their team and talent the best. And, despite the woeful road record, they were one or two plays away from winning pretty much all of those games. The neutral setting, which is typically heavily populated by UK fans, could easily swing things in our favor. Depth is the biggest concern. Do they have enough stamina to win 3 games in 3 days?

Alabama has a lot to play for and Grant is a good tourney coach. I'm taking Bama.

 

I agree and I also wouldn't count UGA out. This year the SEC tourney imo will be one of the best. No great/powerhouse teams, no clear favorites and I could see any one of 5 or 6 teams winning it. U.K.,Fla.,Vandy along with UGA and Bama all have a shot. I didn't list U.T., I feel that all the prolems and attention on Pearl that he has made it too much about himself and his team is really showing it. jmo.

Since I don't see one clear/power team I am going with my heart and pick U.K. and like 5wide I am concerned with the team depth.

Coach Cal also worries me in a tournament, he is not the best X's and O's coach around,jmo. I think that Donovan may be a better tournament coach.

Edited by oldrambler

Kentucky has the easiest draw by far....Should easily make the finals. I'm going with Florida to win it, as I don't know if the Cats have the stamina to play 3 games in 3 days with only 6 guys.

Kentucky has the easiest draw by far....Should easily make the finals. I'm going with Florida to win it, as I don't know if the Cats have the stamina to play 3 games in 3 days with only 6 guys.

 

I'm not sure I'd call it the easiest. Though I don't know who might have an easier one. UK could very well wind up playing two teams that beat them this year to get to the finals, nothing easy about that.

My heart says KY. My head says FL.

 

:thumb: Me too.

  • Author

Teams with a good shot to win it: UK, UF, VU, Alabama

Teams with marginal shot to win it: UGA, UT, MSU, Ole Miss

Teams with no shot to win it: SC, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU

Teams with a good shot to win it: UK, UF, VU, Alabama

Teams with marginal shot to win it: UGA, UT, MSU, Ole Miss

Teams with no shot to win it: SC, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU

 

If not for UGA a few years ago I would agree with you. But otherwise I think you nailed the list same as I would.

I will go with UK because of the draw. They have a better path to the finals than Florida.

I'm not sure I'd call it the easiest. Though I don't know who might have an easier one. UK could very well wind up playing two teams that beat them this year to get to the finals, nothing easy about that.

 

Except for the fact that UK beats those two teams 7-8 out of 10 if the games are on neutral floors....Couldn't ask for a better draw if you're UK.

Alabama has a lot to play for and Grant is a good tourney coach. I'm taking Bama.

 

Crazy that Bama will be flying in under the radar, with all the talking-heads trashing the SEC West. Your pick is a good one--one that I flirted with myself. Florida is the most talented team, IMO, but they have a brutal road just to get to the finals. But I'm still going with the Gators.

Except for the fact that UK beats those two teams 7-8 out of 10 if the games are on neutral floors....Couldn't ask for a better draw if you're UK.

 

Ya but these games won't be about the past, they will be about the present. And presently the two lineups that Ole Miss and Alabama put on the floor are 2-0 against UK. What happened in the SEC tourney's in the 80's and 90's isn't really relevant to the games at hand in my opinion.

Ya but these games won't be about the past, they will be about the present. And presently the two lineups that Ole Miss and Alabama put on the floor are 2-0 against UK. What happened in the SEC tourney's in the 80's and 90's isn't really relevant to the games at hand in my opinion.

 

Huh? Who said anything about the 80's or 90's?

Edited by UKMustangFan

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.