Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hard throwing pitchers

Featured Replies

Harrison county is ranked 25th in Espn rise fab 50.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spalding was 92-94 yesterday in intrasquad...topped at 96. His teammate Ian Tompkins hit 91. The 3 bottom of the rotation/bullpen Tigers (Loehnert, Clooney and Mercer) sat between 84-88 and topped at 89. 3 pro scouts in attendance with radar guns. By the way, Perfect game has Louisville St.X ranked #28 in the nation preseason. Marley, I believe Moeller was ranked #48.

 

Stop it!!!! First of all any kid that could even remotely come close to what you are suggesting is a phenom and a first round draft pick out of high school. Secondly any right minded coach that would even let his kid throw at their maximum this early in the season is STUPID. I dont care if what scout was there, that kid is asking for some serious arm troubles. JMO.

  • Author
Stop it!!!! First of all any kid that could even remotely come close to what you are suggesting is a phenom and a first round draft pick out of high school. Secondly any right minded coach that would even let his kid throw at their maximum this early in the season is STUPID. I dont care if what scout was there, that kid is asking for some serious arm troubles. JMO.

Maybe he is a high draft pick, why is it so hard for some to believe this kid is good? Have any of the doubters every seen him throw? It has been posted by some who have seen him in the fall, at showcases and in Jupiter, there have also been quotes from national publications posted. I don't get it.

Sweeper, how would you like it if Bulldog or myself said there is no way Patrick Towles has all the Scholarship offers listed," there's no way"?? I haven't seen him play, BUT I WOULD NEVER SAY THAT. I can be proud of any KY kid and his accomplishments, not just the Central Ky kids!!! To bad others can't say good things or recognize feats of kids outside of their area.

Stop it!!!! First of all any kid that could even remotely come close to what you are suggesting is a phenom and a first round draft pick out of high school. Secondly any right minded coach that would even let his kid throw at their maximum this early in the season is STUPID. I dont care if what scout was there, that kid is asking for some serious arm troubles. JMO.

 

Do you believe the words you are typing? I have been watching Spalding pitch since he was an 11 year old throwing for the Louisville Lightning. He has been a phenom since then, I believe was even flown around the country by an elite travel team from Texas (Houston Angels). Also I am pretty sure all scouts know more than you, why would they lie about his velocity? Also throwing maximum velocity is not going to cause serious arm troubles at this time of year if the proper conditioning has been done over the winter. I doubt his coach let him throw more tha 25 or 30 pitches, the number of pitches is much more a concern this early not velocity. Most all kids I know start throwing end of November and throwing bullpens end of December/first of January so they are very far along at this point. This is even more true for kids who don't play other sports. I know by the time any of the players at our program in central Kentucky throw in an intra-squad scrimmage they have had thrown 8-10 bullpens prior to that day.

Maybe he is a high draft pick, why is it so hard for some to believe this kid is good? Have any of the doubters every seen him throw? It has been posted by some who have seen him in the fall, at showcases and in Jupiter, there have also been quotes from national publications posted. I don't get it.

Sweeper, how would you like it if Bulldog or myself said there is no way Patrick Towles has all the Scholarship offers listed," there's no way"? I haven't seen him play, BUT I WOULD NEVER SAY THAT. I can be proud of any KY kid and his accomplishments, not just the Central Ky kids!!! To bad others can't say good things or recognize feats of kids outside of their area.

 

Well, you got me there as you appear to be very close to the situation. So congrats to this Spalding kid as he is destined for great things. I am hoping for a great yr and also hope he is indeed a first round draft choice because I am a big fan of any h.s. kid from this great state of KY that does well beyond HS regardless of what some may suggest.

 

For the record, I didnt mean for my comments to come off questioning just the one kid, it was the fact that one kid can throw 94 mph throughout a game but to have 2 kids throw in the 90's and a couple more that can throw in the mid 80's and all on the same team is sick, real sick and will win the State Championship with no problems. Now, if you tell me that two of the four are lefties then I know these kids are destined for greatness. Good Luck and stay heatlthy all...

X has a very nice pitching staff. But they are not a lock to win 7th region, much less state.

X has a very nice pitching staff. But they are not a lock to win 7th region, much less state.

 

Totally agree....There are going to be 3-4 teams that can win the 7th Region. The Bullseye is on X.....all THE TEAMS are gunning for them!

Give me a kid who can change speeds, throw strikes while keeping the ball low, has a nickel curve and hits the corners time after time while understanding that there is a art to pitching and I will take that "pitcher" any day over your 90 mph "thrower"! You don't have to be a flame thrower to keep the other team off the bases, just a kid who understands how to pitch, who has control and isn't afraid to challenge the hitters with junk and makes the hitters pop up or ground out to his infielders!

 

That's just as rare as a kid that throws 90.

Those are all qualities of a good pitcher, and you are right the bottom line is do what ever you can to keep runs from scoring. The problem is with the people who come on here and say there is no one, or (only a couple) in the state of KY who can throw that hard. And then act like"we", who have seen it, don't know what we are talking about, go see St X or Lex Cath , Bowling Green , Bryan Station , Lawrence Co. play. Or if you want to see a real "freak", go see Woodford Co, when Soph. Clinton Hollon pitches.

 

From what I've heard, Hollon was freaky yesterday in no-hitting Nelson Co., which should be a pretty good hitting club. Had 12Ks.

There is no way Chase Mullins throws 91 MPH. I Saw him pitch last year in the regional tournament and the hardest he threw was 84 MPH on two different guns.

 

Perfect game has clocked him at 91.

Last time X had 2 pitchers in the 90's -2008 including current Uof L starter Justin Amlung. We lost to a freshmen pitcher from Christian Academy who had 3 pitches- a slowball that topped out at 65, a knuckleball and an eephus pitch. Baseball is the hardest tournament to win.

Spalding from St. X hit 95 three times against Danville over the week-end. He was very impressive that day.

I hope his coaches and family are taking care of his arm. Sounds like the real deal! Good for him!

St X is a very nice team....But it will be extremely tough for them to get out of the 7 th Region. There are a lot of quality teams that can beat you in a 1 and done scenario. The Bullseye continues to be on their back...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.