Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's happening at Henry County?

Featured Replies

No one answered my question, but this response gets at the heart of my real concern. In-sport athletes (such as football and baseball) should not be required to lift weights on days that they have games (no football coach is going to require weightlifting on the day of THEIR game) and should not be required to lift (at 6 AM) the day after a game.

 

As to the travel issue, I know of other coaches that have had to travel after school to their new school in order to conduct weightlifting. Their isn't much difference in a coach that travels (one way) 50 miles daily to do so and one that travels 100 miles every other day to do so. Perhaps you can't be there all of the time, but it is important to be their some of the time.

 

For the sake of the kids and program at Henry Co, I hope that they get things worked out for the best. Many people over there have put a lot of time and hard work in over the years to lay the foundations for a strong program.

 

:thumb: Good post TB&G!!!

 

Anyone can find EXCUSES. Players, parents, admin, and even COACHES. The drive of 116 miles did not all of a sudden get longer when Coach Spencer got the job, it was 116 miles when he interviewed and took the job.

 

If you want to WIN even coaches find a way to get it done. Right TB&G?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he should just find a good lawyer, say the county prosecuter, put him on his staff, give him lots of control even though he's rarely ever around. This should help him keep his job for atleast another year. Heard that worked out pretty well for atleast one coach of a 4-7 team that got embrassed on the field over and over again this year. Not sure what a coach can do after that first year runs out and the program is still in bad shape, but hey maybe he can sale his sole to someone else for one more year.

Spencer should try to hire Nathan Penniston. He's from Henry County and is a heck of a young coach. He's been at Georgetown College for several years and coached me there. Got a great offensive mind and learning from Coach Cronin who is one of the very best.

Maybe he should just find a good lawyer, say the county prosecuter, put him on his staff, give him lots of control even though he's rarely ever around. This should help him keep his job for atleast another year. Heard that worked out pretty well for atleast one coach of a 4-7 team that got embrassed on the field over and over again this year. Not sure what a coach can do after that first year runs out and the program is still in bad shape, but hey maybe he can sale his sole to someone else for one more year.

 

Sounds like you have your threads mixed up. Also sounds like your grapes are really, really sour.

Sounds like you have your threads mixed up. Also sounds like your grapes are really, really sour.

 

Sour grapes make great whine.:ylsuper:

There is no rule against delegating work load until other arrangements can be made.

There is no rule against delegating work load until other arrangements can be made.

 

What do you think about the Hire KillerDs?

  • Author

There needs to be people in place to delegate to. I think one guy is handling the load now. It would be hard to manage 40-50 kids in the weight room and be successful.

I really don't know alot about it, I'm somewhat out of the loop anymore, but I can gaurantee there won't be any success without the backing of the parents. I've been through several coaches over the years and coached some myself, if this man is going to be the coach, the best bet for the parents is to get behind his plan wether you agree with it or not. I have not always agreed with what my son's coaches have done, especialy when they are new, but in almost all cases I've been happy with the end results. If you don't think they have enough help, then go up there and give them some help. Kids listen to every thing their parents say wether we believe it or not, and negative talk by us about the coach never helps.

I really don't know alot about it, I'm somewhat out of the loop anymore, but I can gaurantee there won't be any success without the backing of the parents. I've been through several coaches over the years and coached some myself, if this man is going to be the coach, the best bet for the parents is to get behind his plan wether you agree with it or not. I have not always agreed with what my son's coaches have done, especialy when they are new, but in almost all cases I've been happy with the end results. If you don't think they have enough help, then go up there and give them some help. Kids listen to every thing their parents say wether we believe it or not, and negative talk by us about the coach never helps.

 

One of the smartest posts I have seen in a VERY long time.:thumb:

 

I bet your kids are pretty successful in whatever they are doing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.