Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 56 Walton 53 OT

Featured Replies

Final from Union. Ryle squeeks out a win.

This game was very exciting!!! The technical in regulation against Walton with 1 minute to play was a critical call and a big momentum changer. I personally don't think the Walton coach deserved it but it changed the game.

Wow WV is playing good ball to take Ryle to the wire.

Ryle had a chance to win at the end of regulation. Walton had a 3 point lead in OT with the ball and couldn't finish the deal. Zach Perkins got a key rebound off a missed FT and stuck it back in to give Ryle a 1 point lead with only 15 or so seconds left in OT. Zach McNeil had a pretty good look for the win, but the ball went in and came back out. Walton fouled for the final margin. Really fun game to watch.

WV played hard and it was the worst effort I have seen from Ryle all year. One of those games when you think showing up is sufficient - could tell it in warmups. Raiders very lucky to get away with a D effort. Congrats to the Bearcats on playing hard for 36 minutes.

This game was very exciting!!! The technical in regulation against Walton with 1 minute to play was a critical call and a big momentum changer. I personally don't think the Walton coach deserved it but it changed the game.

 

I agree since I was sitting two rows behind the bench and did not think so either. Must have been a bad crew for the 9th Region, they were bad as the 8th.

  • Author
I agree since I was sitting two rows behind the bench and did not think so either. Must have been a bad crew for the 9th Region, they were bad as the 8th.

 

If a particular assistant coach could control himself and shut his mouth then it wouldn't have been an issue. You were two rows behind the bench so surely you heard him directly address the refs throughout the game. Also the one I'm referring to went out on the court during a time out to talk to the referee who graciously allowed him to do so though it isn't allowed. Simply an adult who can't behave like one.

Is this assistant coach also the parent of one of Walton's players??

  • Author
Is this assistant coach also the parent of one of Walton's players??

 

No he is not.

I agree since I was sitting two rows behind the bench and did not think so either. Must have been a bad crew for the 9th Region, they were bad as the 8th.

 

Sounds like the situation a week before between WV and Highlands @ WV... although the shoe was on the other foot this time...

If a particular assistant coach could control himself and shut his mouth then it wouldn't have been an issue. You were two rows behind the bench so surely you heard him directly address the refs throughout the game. Also the one I'm referring to went out on the court during a time out to talk to the referee who graciously allowed him to do so though it isn't allowed. Simply an adult who can't behave like one.

 

Agreed. Loudmouths on the WV bench including the head coach like I had not seen all year. It was sad but comical after the game with all 4 coaches yelling at the refs and the head coach sarcastically clapping real loud for a LONG time as if to say, we won the game but the refs took it away. The facts are that more fouls were called on Ryle than WV. Very bad example coming from the coaching staff at WV last night. Ryle was lucky to win but it was not because of refs. It was because Walton did not finish. They had their chances.

This game was very exciting!!! The technical in regulation against Walton with 1 minute to play was a critical call and a big momentum changer. I personally don't think the Walton coach deserved it but it changed the game.

 

Wow, so a 9th Region team actually got a favorable call against a visiting team from another Region??!! I don't believe it! Sounds like Walton played hard. Makes Conner's victory at Walton on Tuesday a little more impressive.

  • Author
Agreed. Loudmouths on the WV bench including the head coach like I had not seen all year. It was sad but comical after the game with all 4 coaches yelling at the refs and the head coach sarcastically clapping real loud for a LONG time as if to say, we won the game but the refs took it away. The facts are that more fouls were called on Ryle than WV. Very bad example coming from the coaching staff at WV last night. Ryle was lucky to win but it was not because of refs. It was because Walton did not finish. They had their chances.[/QUOTE]

 

Exactly!! :thumb:

From a WV's fan opinion the WV's coaches were not out of control. Yes they do make comments just as the opposing coaches make comments. In a game like this one a warning should have been given. There was no warning. This piticular ref gave out both technicals in the game. Good ref's administer the game, give warnings where it's needed and give technicals only if things persist after the warning.

 

WV's head coach was trying to call a timeout when WV was trying to get the ball up the floor under pressure. He was screaming loudly for the timeout. I think the ref's need to anticipate those types of situations in the game and take a glance at the bench and the coach.

I'm glad to see other posters agreeing that WV isn't all that golden after all. I remember several weeks ago when Walton posters were bashing other fans about how they thought their team was screwed by the refs. And yes, Walton did win this game.....funny how things change when the game goes the other way!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.