Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 74 Ryle 69

Featured Replies

Not surprised that it was close. Not surprised the home team won. A next meeting on a neutral court could go either way if Ryle makes the region. I believe that Dixie and Holmes are very slight favorites to win the region, but I think that only 2 teams that make the region tourney this year have zero chance to win it. Any of the other 6 could head to Rupp. Congrats to Dixie tonight!

Good comeback by Ryle....Dixie had a 16 point halftime lead but Ryle had a very nice second half.

Good comeback by Ryle....Dixie had a 16 point halftime lead but Ryle had a very nice second half.

 

Dixie was up 18 at the half, the score was 42 to 26. I was really surprised how Dixie slowed things down in the second half. I believe if they would have went with the momentum that this game would have never been close.

QUOTE=HoosierDaddy;4021283]Dixie was up 18 at the half, the score was 42 to 26. I was really surprised how Dixie slowed things down in the second half. I believe if they would have went with the momentum that this game would have never been close.

 

You're spot on...but you need a new calculator.:D

Does anyone have the box score?

 

Hardin was there from the Enquirer so there should be a box online later tonight or in the morning.

Dixie was up 18 at the half, the score was 42 to 26. I was really surprised how Dixie slowed things down in the second half. I believe if they would have went with the momentum that this game would have never been close.

 

They pushed the lead out to 20 or 22 and I think they prematurely put this one in the win column. You have to stay focused for 32 minutes.

They pushed the lead out to 20 or 22 and I think they prematurely put this one in the win column. You have to stay focused for 32 minutes.

 

Your right Solomon I might want to brush up on my mathematics. I would agree they did prematurely put the win in their back pocket. You have to stay focused, especially when playing a team like Ryle. Stauffer is an amazing player. I really enjoyed watching him play tonight.

Link to article

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20110207/SPT0302/102080359/

 

Box Score:

Ryle (15-11) - Stauffer 8 6 23, Mullins 7 2 18, Perkins 5 3 14, Vollet 5 1 11, Stinson 1 0 3. Totals 26 12 69.

 

Dixie Heights (21-3) - Hatton 13 2 31, Trammel 6 3 18, Stansberry 6 0 15, Waller 1 0 3, Evans 1 1 3, Hassel 1 0 2, Pike 1 0 2. Totals 29 6 74.

 

Ryle 17 9 20 23 69

Dixie Heights 26 16 14 18 - 74

 

3-pointers: R 5 (Mullins 2, Perkins, Stauffer, Stinson). D 10 (Hatton 3, Stansberry 3, Trammel 3, Waller).

Nice article and anytime you shoot like that it can be defeating to the other team. It sounds like Ryle hung tough despite. I can see a rematch of these teams possibly in the Regional.

Despite Hattons 31 points I would have to say the highlight of the game for me at least is when Juwaan Evans for Dixie stole the ball and slammed it right over a Ryle player. That had to be one of the best dunks I have seen in awhile at any level. Definately the best I have seen in high school.

Despite Hattons 31 points I would have to say the highlight of the game for me at least is when Juwaan Evans for Dixie stole the ball and slammed it right over a Ryle player. That had to be one of the best dunks I have seen in awhile at any level. Definately the best I have seen in high school.

 

 

I would have to agree Sportsfan 99. The better part is that Stauffer was trying to block it. Anytime you can lay a dunk down on a kid of that magnitude it makes for one of the better dunks. The crowd went nuts. A very exciting for Mr. Evans and the Dixie basketball team.

I would have to agree Sportsfan 99. The better part is that Stauffer was trying to block it. Anytime you can lay a dunk down on a kid of that magnitude it makes for one of the better dunks. The crowd went nuts. A very exciting for Mr. Evans and the Dixie basketball team.

 

I was really hoping Panda was there to get a picture of it. Or at least the enquirer or someone. That was a special dunk that will be remembered at Dixie Heights for awhile.

I am curious since I was not at the game. What kind of defense did Ryle deploy against the red Colonels? Pike only scored 2 points and Hatton went off for 31? This would make me think that they went with zone defenses?? I know Ryle likes to play zone and keep the score down but obviously they couldn't do that when down 20 + points.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.