Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 74 Ryle 69

Featured Replies

I am curious since I was not at the game. What kind of defense did Ryle deploy against the red Colonels? Pike only scored 2 points and Hatton went off for 31? This would make me think that they went with zone defenses?? I know Ryle likes to play zone and keep the score down but obviously they couldn't do that when down 20 + points.

 

They played man the whole time, they never went with the zone. Dixie took a huge lead by mid second quarter. I believe they hit all of their threes in the first half and that was ten total. They were an offensive machine last night in the first two quarters of the game. Dixie came out in the second half alot less focused. Ryle came back much stronger in the 2nd half but could never get close enough to gain on Dixie.

They played man the whole time, they never went with the zone. Dixie took a huge lead by mid second quarter. I believe they hit all of their threes in the first half and that was ten total. They were an offensive machine last night in the first two quarters of the game. Dixie came out in the second half alot less focused. Ryle came back much stronger in the 2nd half but could never get close enough to gain on Dixie.

 

Really I am surprised. I guess that shows why coach Mullins plays a lot of zone, they apparently are not quick enough to play man. Who was tasked with guarding Hatton? The Perkins boy is a real hustler and I would expect him to try to play Hatton in a man-to-man scenario.

10 made 3-point shots is amazing. I wasn't in attendance but it sounds like Dixie must have done a bang up job freeing their outside shooters for open looks.

10 made 3-point shots is amazing. I wasn't in attendance but it sounds like Dixie must have done a bang up job freeing their outside shooters for open looks.

 

That's exactly why I assumed Ryle tried to zone Dixie creating easy 3s. In the past coach Chevalier lived and died with the 3 and I hope that he isn't starting to lean back in that direction. He has the horses inside and out to win a regional but too often relying on the 3 can spell doom for you come tournament time. Once again based on recent scores in the 9th region it is setting up for a very exciting post season.

Really I am surprised. I guess that shows why coach Mullins plays a lot of zone, they apparently are not quick enough to play man. Who was tasked with guarding Hatton? The Perkins boy is a real hustler and I would expect him to try to play Hatton in a man-to-man scenario.

 

Perkins was guarding Hatton the entire game except on a few plays where other kids had to pick Hatton up in transition.

I've noticed Coach Chevy is starting to go deeper into his bench. He was just going 3 deep with Cohorn, Muntis and Evans. I was told Cohorn has been out the last two games with flu like symptoms. Waller and Bruns were on the floor last night also. Dixie will need a deep bench to win the region IMO, and it looks like that's what the coaching staff is doing. Their bench has to be able to step up, especially if Pike or Stansberry get in foul trouble, or if Hatton has an off night scoring.

I've noticed Coach Chevy is starting to go deeper into his bench. He was just going 3 deep with Cohorn, Muntis and Evans. I was told Cohorn has been out the last two games with flu like symptoms. Waller and Bruns were on the floor last night also. Dixie will need a deep bench to win the region IMO, and it looks like that's what the coaching staff is doing. Their bench has to be able to step up, especially if Pike or Stansberry get in foul trouble, or if Hatton has an off night scoring.

 

 

I have noticed the same. The bench will be a vital part in making it through the region and winning the 9th region title this year. I heard Cohorn was out today as well, hopefully he will be back for Thursday's game against Cov Cath. There has to be that option open for a team. If not you are going to struggle. Your five starters are not going to be one every single night lighting the boards up no matter how well they play, someone is boung to have a bad game here and there. Lets hope Coach Chevy can prepare that bench to make that step when needed. Evans and Muntis have been contributors when coming off the bench offensively and Cohorn defensively, but they may need to go much deeper than that with this year's ninth region teams. As we have all seen there are about five teams that could win on any given night.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.