Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson Silva

Featured Replies

What's left? I don't see GSP being able to handle him with the size difference, assuming of course GSP would go up in weight. Is there a more dominate athelte in their field than Silva?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think so; if anyone will beat him, it will be GSP. I don't know when, but I believe this fight happens at some point and GSP will advance weight to do it. I don't see anyone else in the middleweight and very possibly the light heavyweight division that can beat him. Silva has definitely proven himself to be man among men in the weight classes he's fought in.

A lot of people went back and forth between Silva and Fedor being the best pound for pound fighters in the world, but after Silva beating Belfort the way he did and with Fedor losing to someone in Strikeforce, I believe that Fedor's reputation takes much harder of a hit than he would if he lost to someone in the UFC. Therefore, I don't know how there can be any argument that Silva is the best pound for pound fighter in the world in all of MMA, hands down.

I'd like to see Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva at LHW.

Silva is a very good fighter.

 

BUT he is the best fighter in the weakest division in MMA out of the ones that people care about.

 

No WW is going to challenge him, size differences is huge, he has some interesting fights at LHW but big time wrestlers are going to beat him and I dont think he would be Shogun....and he wants no part of any top 20 HW.

I'd like to see Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva at LHW.

 

Me too. I'd love to see that.

When GSP beats Jake Shields in April he is moving up for good and his next fight will be Silva later this year. Once he goes up to middleweight he isnt going back down again, he will bulk up and transform himself into a middleweight so there wont be much of a size difference when he fights anyone there.

 

Until someone actually beats him Im never picking against Anderson, but imo GSP can do everything that Sonnen can do plus some. He is a better athlete than Sonnen and he's a great wrestler who can take Silva down and hold him there the same way Chael did except I dont see anyone submitting GSP anymore. Plus his striking is better than Sonnen's. So if that fight was the blueprint to being Anderson I can see Georges doing that maybe even better than Chael did.

 

That said Im still picking Anderson to win.:D

 

If he can beat St Pierre next I want to see Andersons last few fights before he retires be against nothing but top 5 LHW's.

Dana White already said the Silva/GSP fight would be at 185 because he wants it to be a title fight.

 

I also don't put much stock into the idea that Silva has dominated the weakest class. He has dominated some pretty darn good fighters...Franklin, Marquardt, Belfort. Also, he humiliated a former 205 pound champion.

 

You can make a good argument for GSP simply because he has dominated the 170 pound class as thoroughly as Silva has at MW. I prefer Silva, but wouldn't argue either way. I don't think anyone else is in the discussion right now.

Silva could bulk up to 230 pounds and fight with the big boys.

Silva is efficient. Nothing is wasted. He throws his kicks and punches with a purpose and at a target. What is his strike ratio? It was otherworldly in the second Franklin fight. When you have a guy w/ that speed, quickness, and power who hits his spot almost every time, he is tough to beat. Throw on top of that his technique, and you need to have you A+++ game to beat him. The only way he gets beat is when he gets bored, when he's into a fight, it's over.

If GSP goes up to 185 its for good.
He can probably win the title...after Silva vacates it to move up.
Dana White already said the Silva/GSP fight would be at 185 because he wants it to be a title fight.

 

I also don't put much stock into the idea that Silva has dominated the weakest class. He has dominated some pretty darn good fighters...Franklin, Marquardt, Belfort. Also, he humiliated a former 205 pound champion.

 

You can make a good argument for GSP simply because he has dominated the 170 pound class as thoroughly as Silva has at MW. I prefer Silva, but wouldn't argue either way. I don't think anyone else is in the discussion right now.

 

I completely agree; the way he beat Griffin was ridiculous. Griffin may not be the best light heavyweight, but he's one of the better fighters in that division.

Silva is a very good fighter.

 

BUT he is the best fighter in the weakest division in MMA out of the ones that people care about.

 

No WW is going to challenge him, size differences is huge, he has some interesting fights at LHW but big time wrestlers are going to beat him and I dont think he would be Shogun....and he wants no part of any top 20 HW.

 

No one will in the welterweight division with exception to GSP. Shogun is impressive, but I don't see him beating Silva.

I'd like to see Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva at LHW.

 

I believe that Jones may be the only light heavyweight that could possibly compete with him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.