Owen County 55 Anderson County 44

Usually a pretty good shooting team Anderson was 3 for 25 from 3 point range and 11 for 30 on 2 point field goals. Ownen's zone looked to take away the inside game. The outside shots were contested but not overly contested Anderson just could not shoot the ball today. I do not see this as a huge upset at all. Owen played well, Anderson played hard just how it goes some days.

Great win for Owen and Coach Osborne. First region team Anderson has lost to in a while.
If Anderson played more in region games, they would probably lose more than once in two years. No disrespect to the Anderson players or coaching staff, just pointing out that if they played more in region games that their players and coaches tendancies would become more visible for other coaches and teams to try to exploit. That being said, Anderson could also use that to their advantage, especially with their talent level. Congrats to Coach Osborne and the Runnin Rebels on a great win. My guess is that the tape/dvd of that game will get passed around alot at tournment time.

It looks as if other teams won't play them. Case in point, they scheduled Owen 2x this season.
I guess the 8th Region Tournament should be cancelled since everyone is afraid to play them.:rolleyes: You completely misunderstand my post. Anderson plays very few in region games and quite frankly, I don't blame them for going out of region for different/better competition. Considering that they are one of the largest schools in the 8th, their talent cycle doesn't take the extreme dip that the smaller schools deal with on a more consistant basis. Careful, you might get your wish and get moved to the 11th Region some day.:D