Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

With a Bird in charge of the Camels will we see...

Featured Replies

the Camels schedule the Birds?

 

Thoughts?

I highly doubt it. Neither school gains much, if anything, from playing this game based on where the programs are today. Down the road, assuming Campbell becomes a consistent winner in 6A, Dale has made it clear he doesn't like to play friends. I.E., no more Withrow on Highlands schedule.

  • Author

Withrow is a dangerous game for HHS and I wouldn't schedule them either if I was Dale. I would stick to the big boys.

 

And I think there is incentive for Campbell to schedule HHS.

Withrow is a dangerous game for HHS and I wouldn't schedule them either if I was Dale. I would stick to the big boys.

I am curious to know what you mean by this comment? When you say "stick to the big boys," are you referring to teams like Elder and St. X? Would they not be dangerous games for Highlands?

I am curious to know what you mean by this comment? When you say "stick to the big boys," are you referring to teams like Elder and St. X? Would they not be dangerous games for Highlands?

 

I think he means they are a team that has enough athleticism to put a scare into the Birds and in the event that Withrow were to beat the Birds it would not look good. An example would be last year at Highlands. I dont think the game really was in question but they had a QB that IMO did alot of damage to the Bird defense and if they had 2-3 other players like him they could have possibly pulled off the win. If Elder or St. X defeats the Birds it is a little more respectable due to their enrollment and program strength.

  • Author
I think he means they are a team that has enough athleticism to put a scare into the Birds and in the event that Withrow were to beat the Birds it would not look good. An example would be last year at Highlands. I dont think the game really was in question but they had a QB that IMO did alot of damage to the Bird defense and if they had 2-3 other players like him they could have possibly pulled off the win. If Elder or St. X defeats the Birds it is a little more respectable due to their enrollment and program strength.

 

Exactly! And Coach Mueller knows exactly what he is doing...

I think he means they are a team that has enough athleticism to put a scare into the Birds and in the event that Withrow were to beat the Birds it would not look good. An example would be last year at Highlands. I dont think the game really was in question but they had a QB that IMO did alot of damage to the Bird defense and if they had 2-3 other players like him they could have possibly pulled off the win. If Elder or St. X defeats the Birds it is a little more respectable due to their enrollment and program strength.

How did it look when Highlands lost to Ryle last year? I'm pretty sure Withrow is as big or bigger than Ryle, enrollment-wise.

 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Coach Mueller schedules teams (such as St. X or Elder) with the idea that it's safe to do so, since it's considered a "respectable" loss if HHS loses to them. I think he schedules games and expects to win them.

I highly doubt it. Neither school gains much, if anything, from playing this game based on where the programs are today. Down the road, assuming Campbell becomes a consistent winner in 6A, Dale has made it clear he doesn't like to play friends. I.E., no more Withrow on Highlands schedule.

 

Coach Mueller must really have it in for Coach Bryson Warner...last couple of years the Bluebirds have been playing Ryle twice. :D

  • Author
How did it look when Highlands lost to Ryle last year? I'm pretty sure Withrow is as big or bigger than Ryle, enrollment-wise.

 

Is Highlands still playing Ryle twice? :D

Is Highlands still playing Ryle twice? :D

 

I just got it in before you. :D

I wouldn't be surprised to see Campbell County pursue a Highlands game in the not-so-distant future, but if I had to guess, I'd say that's still at least three or four seasons off in the distance. Highlands and Coach Mueller say year after year that their goal is to be national champions. The current Campbell County program is not going to help move them towards that goal.

 

I think Highlands is looking for more to offer than an alum in the head coach's seat. Coach Lickert's Holmes team went down to 4A last year, and they weren't on the Highlands schedule any more. Dayton HS and Coach Deaton never even got a glance from Highlands. I could see maybe a scrimmage with Campbell County in the next year or two, but until the Camels have put two or three big seasons in the books with some decent playoff runs to match and gained a stronger reputation on a state level, I don't see the Cambell County/Highlands matchup happening in the regular season.

  • Author
I just got it in before you. :D

 

Great minds think alike.

 

The other part of this story, and no one from Ryle is going to want to hear it, is Highlands didn't go all out to win the second game...

Great minds think alike.

 

The other part of this story, and no one from Ryle is going to want to hear it, is Highlands didn't go all out to win the second game...

 

 

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

 

Let me join you :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.