Can a Girls Team Defeat a Boys Team?

EastKYReporter

Rose Hill (M) by as many as they would want to.

West Carter Girls could not beat a single Boys team in the 16th Region including Menifee County. And if you think I'm blowing hot air, those of you that know, you know I'm right on this. If you don't agree it's because you have never watched a fully competitve boys team vs. girls team. They are not fun to watch.

Girls vs. Girls - great entertainment

Boys vs. Boys - great entertainment

Girls vs. Boys - Blow Out City

Originally posted by The Scribe

Christian County could beat a few boys teams...pretty bad, I might add

I have to agree with you on that. The Lady Colonles are a great team. They have some shooters and they have some girls that like to get in the post and get physical. They could beat a boys team.

If you guys really think this is possible you need a serious reality check. We have beat this topic around in the girls forum a few times and the best comparision we ususally come up with is 8th grade and Freshman boys teams that dominate the girls varsity in scrimmages.

Here is a link to one such thread

Here is a taste of the above thread in case you don't want to read the whole thing and I can tell you this, if INMOTION says that's the way it happened, that is the way it happened:

INMOTION

just another perspective here... I saw LexCath's 8th grade boys team beat LexCath's girls varsity team, in 2001, when they won the state title, by 35 points. It was in a regulation game, however assistants were refs, but never the less, they beat them soundly. That was a pretty darn good girls team too. The boys just pushed them all over the floor and fast breaked them to death, but the biggest factor was the defense. Those kids just closed so much faster in the passing lanes and anticipated so much quicker than the girls could play. That group of boys are sophmores now and they are going to be very, very good.

TheGuru is correct. I have saw many games like this ( 8th grade boys vs Varsity girls) with the same result. Although it is decieving when you watch a good girls team play for awhile you sometimes think , wow they are tough. But when put against boys you see the big picture. There is not one single girls team in the state that could beat a boys varsity team.

I don't know maybe if the weakest varsity boys team played the strongest varsity girls team, then the girls might win. That would probably be the only way, though. Or maybe a very good girls AAU team could beat an average boys varsity team, but that would be a big maybe.

Originally posted by justsports

I don't know maybe if the weakest varsity boys team played the strongest varsity girls team, then the girls might win. That would probably be the only way, though. Or maybe a very good girls AAU team could beat an average boys varsity team, but that would be a big maybe.

Did you read the whole thread? An 8th grade boys team beat the State Champs by 35 at Lexington Catholic...