Can a Girls Team Defeat a Boys Team?

EastKYReporter

I guess I was thinking that Lexington Catholic's 8th grade team was probably better than some varsity squads. How many of them are playing varsity now? He wrote it in 2001 so those boys would be freshman or sophomores now. But I agree for the most part.

This thread has been bantered in various forums for months now.

As a former Girls Varsity Basketball coach let me assure you that your Boys Freshmen Team will beat up on your girls varsity team every time.

Even in my best year when we were 26-6 and lost to Boone in the Regional semi's, I would practice against the freshmen boys team to make US tougher. We would never win nor come close to winning.

When I moved back to boys freshmen and our present girls varsity coach came on board we continued the practice and the only way he leveled the playing floor was to play himself with his girls team. Same result. Freshmen boys always won.

Apples and Oranges....... The girls can't beat the boys at any high school level.

I beg to differ. Up until this year we had a small private school "The Piarist Schoo" which im not sure but i dont think that they won more than one game in the 6 or 7 years which they had a varsity team. I do know that I saw their coach call atime out to celebrate a block one of their players made even though they were behind by 73 points at the time. I know, I know its an extreme but i kid you not I really beleive that 4 of the 15th regions girls teams could have beat them.

If there are any 15 region fans out there that saw them play they would agree with me. Im not making fun of them I respected them for playing for a pure love of the game but I for one don;t think I could have put my child out there for some of the beatings that they took when they were playing.

This is such an assinine thread that I would normally skip over. But, considering I have two young girls and no boys, I better take up for the girls.

I agree that you won't find many teams that would be competitive and for the most part across the board blowouts. But I can't imagine that the West Carter girls couldn't give MMA all they could handle. This team lost 93-2 to Berea, no knock on Berea but they are 3-3. And I feel confident that Lex Cath's freshmen could handle MMA. There again complimenting MMA for playing despite long odds, it is very commendable. But I think you could find a few exceptions across the state where a top girls team could knock off a bottom boys team.

The old addage: NEVER SAY NEVER.

Chaminade did beat Virginia!!!