Raiders cut Cable loose

Godot

Cable out as Raiders coach after team declines option

The Raiders informed Tom Cable on Tuesday night that they will not pick up the option in his contract, the team announced.

"Coach Cable was informed the club would not be exercising its option for the 2011 season, and that he's free to seek employment elsewhere," his agent, Don Yee, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "Teams already have shown interest in Tom."

Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson will take over as the new head coach, a source close to Jackson told the San Francisco Chronicle. Earlier Tuesday, the 49ers asked for permission to interview Jackson for their head coaching vacancy.........

Only team with a front office worse than the Bengals.

If we compare the two franchises during the Mike Brown era, what are team records in that time span. I already know which team has had more playoff success in the time span. I am certainly not an Al Davis advocate, but what makes Oakland worse than Cincinnati?

OK. Then without any facts, other than Oakland has been more successful than Cincinnati in the playoffs during the Mike Brown era, I will posture that Oakland is not a worse franchise than Cincinnati.

I would like to see the records that is for sure. How many deep playoff runs did Oakland have?

OK. Then without any facts, other than Oakland has been more successful than Cincinnati in the playoffs during the Mike Brown era, I will posture that Oakland is not a worse franchise than Cincinnati.

I would agree with that. Cincinnati is a worse franchise than Oakland...