Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raiders cut Cable loose

Featured Replies

Cable out as Raiders coach after team declines option

 

The Raiders informed Tom Cable on Tuesday night that they will not pick up the option in his contract, the team announced.

 

"Coach Cable was informed the club would not be exercising its option for the 2011 season, and that he's free to seek employment elsewhere," his agent, Don Yee, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "Teams already have shown interest in Tom."

 

Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson will take over as the new head coach, a source close to Jackson told the San Francisco Chronicle. Earlier Tuesday, the 49ers asked for permission to interview Jackson for their head coaching vacancy.........

ANyone else think Cable did a pretty good job in Okaland?

ANyone else think Cable did a pretty good job in Okaland?

 

I'd go with decent. They seemed to be improving.

Only team with a front office worse than the Bengals.

Swept the division, one game away from the playoffs... I would say they came along way from last season.

So no Cable in Oakland. Will this affect their blackouts?

Only team with a front office worse than the Bengals.

 

If we compare the two franchises during the Mike Brown era, what are team records in that time span. I already know which team has had more playoff success in the time span. I am certainly not an Al Davis advocate, but what makes Oakland worse than Cincinnati?

^ I don't have time to do that kind of research right now. :lol:

I bet they notified him over the phone in fear of someone getting their jaw broken after telling him the news.

^ I don't have time to do that kind of research right now. :lol:

OK. Then without any facts, other than Oakland has been more successful than Cincinnati in the playoffs during the Mike Brown era, I will posture that Oakland is not a worse franchise than Cincinnati.

OK. Then without any facts, other than Oakland has been more successful than Cincinnati in the playoffs during the Mike Brown era, I will posture that Oakland is not a worse franchise than Cincinnati.

 

I would like to see the records that is for sure. How many deep playoff runs did Oakland have?

I would like to see the records that is for sure. How many deep playoff runs did Oakland have?

 

I know they went to the superbowl in like 03 and they had the game where they got screwed against the Pats in the AFC title game in the snow.

OK. Then without any facts, other than Oakland has been more successful than Cincinnati in the playoffs during the Mike Brown era, I will posture that Oakland is not a worse franchise than Cincinnati.

 

I would agree with that. Cincinnati is a worse franchise than Oakland...

I would like to see the records that is for sure. How many deep playoff runs did Oakland have?
During the Mike Brown era ('91-present) it's 5 playoff appearances to 2. The Raiders also have 5 playoff victories to zero.
During the Mike Brown era ('91-present) it's 5 playoff appearances to 2. The Raiders also have 5 playoff victories to zero.
During the same span the Raiders are 140-180-0 and the Bengals are 115-204-1; an average of 1.25 more wins each year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.