Discussion on the just completed Lloyd Invitational tournament.

Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like a nice tournament for some local teams but not bummed that Highlands doesnt play in this one. Id rather travel to other parts of the state to play different competiion.

To be clear, I was critical of the all-tournament team selections, not the tournament itself. Seemed like a very good field, and next to the tournament in Lexington and maybe the Gaslight tounament at J-Town, certainly the best tournament in the state this week. Very strong, deep field.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys haven't noticed the trend, they took 4 from the championship winner, 3 from the runner up, 2 from each team that played in the 3rd place game, and 1 from each team that played in the consolation championship.

I'm aware of what they did. That doesn't mean it is right.

Lloyd finished with a worse record than Ryle, Lafeyette, Spencer County, and maybe others. Lloyd had one of the worst plus/minus scoring differentals in the tournament. Lloyd had two on the all-tourny team, none of the schools I mentioned had any. Do the math and let me know how that adds up?

I too enjoyed this and look forward to coming back next year. As far as All Tourney just make the 1st and 2nd place to all tourney and let it be over. I would just like to see more media inform given out. I get the Courier Journal and nothing on this tournament was in the paper. People outside of this are no very little about these teams and how do we expect to get this out if we dont report to major markets. This Tournamet was a big tournament and I really think they could really market it a lot stronger to the media.

To be clear, I was critical of the all-tournament team selections, not the tournament itself. Seemed like a very good field, and next to the tournament in Lexington and maybe the Gaslight tounament at J-Town, certainly the best tournament in the state this week. Very strong, deep field.

What made the Gaslight @ J'town special? J'town thumped all teams handily.

What made the Gaslight @ J'town special? J'town thumped all teams handily.

With the exception of their wins over Eastern and Memphis East, Jeffersontown has beaten everyone they have played by at least 16 points, so their results in their own tournament were not surprising. The field was pretty good with Middletown OH, Bryan Station, Western, Woodland Hills PA and North Oldham. The first and third days of the tournament had some pretty competitive games (the Jeffersontown results not withstanding) including three that went into overtime. I am not comparing it to Lloyd's torunament since I was not there, but the Gaslight had some good competition.

I'm aware of what they did. That doesn't mean it is right.

Lloyd finished with a worse record than Ryle, Lafeyette, Spencer County, and maybe others. Lloyd had one of the worst plus/minus scoring differentals in the tournament. Lloyd had two on the all-tourny team, none of the schools I mentioned had any. Do the math and let me know how that adds up?

I never said I agreed with the all tourney team. Just stated how the all tourney team was selected.

If it were up to me, I would've had the following all tourney team, from what I saw:

Jake Geisler- Newcath

Brady Hightchew- Newcath

Zach Ryan- Newcath

O'Brien Hobbs- Fern Creek

Justin Newby- Fern Creek

Jerrell Moore- Fern Creek

Chris Hayes- Holmes

Donnie Cheatum- Lloyd

Trevan Brown- Boone Co

Bobby Stauffer- Ryle

D'Vontae Bradley- Cooper

Logan Dunbar- Spencer Co

Tanner Napier- Lafayette

Nate McGovney- Campbell Co

Tyler Hodges- Conner

Didn't see much of Brossart, Grant Co, or Newport to know who should make it from them or if they had anyone worthy of making it.

Stauffer- 20 pts 8 reb vs. Brossart

25 pts 14 reb vs. Holmes

31 pts 13 reb vs. Lafayette

21 pts ?? reb vs. Conner

.....yet no all tournament team??

What a shame. Probably had the best numbers in the tournament.

Usually coaches select the all tourney team, plus the championship coach gets to select four from their own team and the runner up has a set number that they select from their own team. The other players are nominated by their coaches. I think this is how Lloyd operates it. IF one of the Lloyd players scored a bunch in a game then the opposing coach may have nominated him.

Usually coaches select the all tourney team, plus the championship coach gets to select four from their own team and the runner up has a set number that they select from their own team. The other players are nominated by their coaches. I think this is how Lloyd operates it. IF one of the Lloyd players scored a bunch in a game then the opposing coach may have nominated him.

I believe this is how it is done. Last year Elijah Pittman wasn't selected to the all tourney team for Holmes because he had done something to be sat out against Pendleton Co. Henley said he wouldn't nominate him for all tourney team.

He also had the best numbers of the tournament, despite sitting out a game.