Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes v Ryle Predictions (12/28)

Featured Replies

Second round game of the Lloyd Memorial Invitational.

 

Ryle is coming off a win over Brossart.

 

Holmes advanced with a win over Spencer County, 81-64.

 

Game will be played at 6:15.

 

Thoughts?

This is going to be a good game. I think Ryle might handle Holmes' pressure better than Spencer County did.

 

 

Should be a fun game to watch.

I think Holmes is speed is going to be to much for Ryle. I liked Ryle and think they will do better but Holmes hits the boards good.

  • Author

I think Holmes' speed and athleticism will be the difference in this one. Ryle will have a big advantage inside with Stauffer and Vollet but I think Rice athleticism and Knox toughness should slow those two down enough to force the Ryle guards to beat them.

 

As Clyde said, should be an extremely good game.

One thing I would tell my team is that Holmes doesn't kill you with the press. They kill you with their halfcourt defense. If you dribble too much you're in trouble. You will lose the ball. If you dribble just assume a Dog is coming up behind you. He is.

  • Author
One thing I would tell my team is that Holmes doesn't kill you with the press. They kill you with their halfcourt defense. If you dribble too much you're in trouble. You will lose the ball. If you dribble just assume a Dog is coming up behind you. He is.

 

The 2-3 zone is very effective for Holmes in the half court because they're so quick and athletic.

The 2-3 zone is very effective for Holmes in the half court because they're so quick and athletic.

 

...until it gets to the foul line.

Based upon seeing both squads, Holmes will pull away early in the 4th.

I'll take Holmes by 12. I didn't realize how incredibly fast this Holmes team was until I saw them in person. Their guards are a blur.

  • Author
I'll take Holmes by 12. I didn't realize how incredibly fast this Holmes team was until I saw them in person. Their guards are a blur.

 

Hayes, Gray, Mayfield, and Palmer are all extremely quick with the ball.

 

I'd give them the edge over Ryle's guards of Perkins, Stinson, Mays, and Mullins.

 

There should be some good match ups:

 

Mayfield v Perkins

Hayes v Stinson

Gray v Mullins

Knox v Vollet

Rice v Stauffer

BTW every team needs a Zach Perkins.

Holmes does not have an answer for Stauffer. Look for him to have a big night!

BTW every team needs a Zach Perkins.

 

Energizer Bunny. Love the kid's energy, never takes a play off.

This should be another good one. Ryle must limit Holmes to one shot. Their guards have to be on their "A" game or Holmes will take the game over with their runs. It should be close early, but I think the Bulldogs will wear the Raiders down. Holmes by 6.

I like Ryle's chances in this one! Ryle is too big and physical for Holmes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.