NBA MVP Right Now?

Amare. As of today it isn't even close.

Westbrook is the MVP of Thunder this year and at this point a top 3 candidate. If you can't recognize that you need to pay closer attention to what is going on in the NBA.

I can't feel Rondo as an legitimate MVP candidate. Yes, he is getting 125 assists a game and if the Celtics fall off over the next couple of weeks while Rondo is out, I'll change my answer, but other than assists and steals he brings absolutely nothing else to the table.

I can't feel Rondo as an legitimate MVP candidate. Yes, he is getting 125 assists a game and if the Celtics fall off over the next couple of weeks while Rondo is out, I'll change my answer, but other than assists and steals he brings absolutely nothing else to the table.

Have you been watching him play at all this season? You are right about the assists and steals, but Rondo is becoming one of the most effective penetrating scorers in the league and has also vastly improved his jumper. Definitely cannot say he brings nothing else to the table with the way he has scored the basketball this season.

Oh and as always, he rebounds his position better than any other PG in the league.

Have you been watching him play at all this season? You are right about the assists and steals, but Rondo is becoming one of the most effective penetrating scorers in the league and has also vastly improved his jumper. Definitely cannot say he brings nothing else to the table with the way he has scored the basketball this season.

Oh and as always, he rebounds his position better than any other PG in the league.

What are you talking about?

He is scoring 11.2 points a game. Awesome.

He is shooting 31% from the 3 point line. Excellent.

He is shooting 43% from the free throw line. Amazing. Exactly what I want from my MVP caliber point guard.

He is averaging 13.8 assists, shooting 53% from the floor and averaging 2.5 steals and 4.5 rebounds but, IMO, Paul Pierce is way way way more valuable than Rondo ever will be. IMO, one qualification for MVP is the ability to take the game winning shot and Rondo is not at that point. I would love to see how good he really is without the Big 3 on his team.

What are you talking about?

He is scoring 11.2 points a game. Awesome.

He is shooting 31% from the 3 point line. Excellent.

He is shooting 43% from the free throw line. Amazing. Exactly what I want from my MVP caliber point guard.

He is averaging 13.8 assists, shooting 53% from the floor and averaging 2.5 steals and 4.5 rebounds but, IMO, Paul Pierce is way way way more valuable than Rondo ever will be. IMO, one qualification for MVP is the ability to take the game winning shot and Rondo is not at that point. I would love to see how good he really is without the Big 3 on his team.

Rondo isn't even close to being the MVP and never will be.

Thank you. I couldn't agree more.

I never said he should win MVP, if you look, I was replying to your comment he brings nothing else to the table. That notion is absurd. You can throw stats out all you want, but Rondo is as important to a championship run as anyone on that team.

If you want proof, just watch the next couple of weeks with him being out, it will speak for itself. Nate Robinson is a quality, starting caliber NBA PG, and you will see this is not the same team without Rondo running the show. He gets everyone involved just the way he needs to too (Rondo).

I never said he should win MVP, if you look, I was replying to your comment he brings nothing else to the table. That notion is absurd. You can throw stats out all you want, but Rondo is as important to a championship run as anyone on that team.

If you want proof, just watch the next couple of weeks with him being out, it will speak for itself. Nate Robinson is a quality, starting caliber NBA PG, and you will see this is not the same team without Rondo running the show. He gets everyone involved just the way he needs to too (Rondo).

If you go back look at my comment I am speaking strictly in terms of as an MVP. Never said he wasn't a piece needed for the Celtics AND I also said that my answer may change if the Celtics fall off some over the next couple of weeks.