Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Poll: Week 2

Featured Replies

Ranking Team Points (First Place votes)

 

1. Dixie Heights 87 (6)

2. Boone County 74 (3)

3. Conner 64

4. Holmes 59

5. Covcath 57

6. Newcath 34

7. Ryle 32

8. Highlands 22

9. Scott 18

10. Simon Kenton 13

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eight 9th region schools ranked ahead of the 10th Region's third-ranked team, Scott High School? I disagree.

Id go with this.

 

Dixie

Boone Co

Holmes

Cov Cath

Conner

 

Top 5

Scott and Campbell County (#11) should both be higher.

1. Dixie Heights

2. Boone County

3. Holmes

4. CovCath

5. Conner

6. Scott

7. NewCath

8. Campbell County

9. Highlands

10. Ryle

1. Dixie

2. Holmes

3. Boone

4. Conner

5. Cov Cath

6. New Cath

7. Ryle

8. Scott

9. Highlands

10. pick one of many

  • Author
Scott and Campbell County (#11) should both be higher.

1. Dixie Heights

2. Boone County

3. Holmes

4. CovCath

5. Conner

6. Scott

7. NewCath

8. Campbell County

9. Highlands

10. Ryle

 

Ryle is better than the 10th best team in nky. Have you seen them?

 

They have several good guards in Stinson, Perkins, Mullins, and Mays.

 

They have a nice inside duo of Stauffer and Vollet.

 

And they also have decent guard play with guys like Jeff Richards coming off the bench.

  • Author

I'd go with the following:

 

1. Dixie

2. Boone Co

3. Holmes

4. Conner

5. Covcath

6. Ryle

7. Scott

8. Newcath

9. Highlands

10. Campbell Co

1. Dixie

2. Holmes

3. Boone

4. Conner

5. Cov Cath

6. New Cath

7. Ryle

8. Scott

9. Highlands

10. pick one of many

 

Throw Campbell County or Simon Kenton at the 10 spot and this looks good to me! :banana:

Worthless poll with only 9 coaches voting.

I can't rank 10 teams because I haven't seen 10 teams play yet this year but I've been told by multiple sources who has scouted most of the teams listed in the top ten that Boone County is by far the best team in NKY. Their words, not mine.

I can't rank 10 teams because I haven't seen 10 teams play yet this year but I've been told by multiple sources who has scouted most of the teams listed in the top ten that Boone County is by far the best team in NKY. Their words, not mine.

 

Boone is interesting to me. Their length helps a lot in the 1-3-1 zone they play. Rebounding is a strength. Limiting inside scoring is a strength.

 

In the two games I've watched I haven't been overwhelmed with their offense and especially their perimeter play. Obviously that can change as it's still December but that would be my concern. If they play a team that can handle their zone D I think they're susceptible.

 

I think Dixie's starting 5 are better than Boone's. I think they match up well with Boone from an individual standpoint.

 

I haven't watched Holmes yet so I can't speak to how they would match up.

 

Boone can be there but if they fail my guess it will be because of their offense.

  • Author
I can't rank 10 teams because I haven't seen 10 teams play yet this year but I've been told by multiple sources who has scouted most of the teams listed in the top ten that Boone County is by far the best team in NKY. Their words, not mine.

 

I don't know about "BY FAR" but Boone is certainly up there and there isn't much that separates them and Dixie, IMO.

 

Holmes is the wildcard. They have a lot of speed, athleticism, and quickness combined with a style that could give the top teams in the 9th troubles.

 

As stated numerous times, it should be a fun year of nky basketball.

Eight 9th region schools ranked ahead of the 10th Region's third-ranked team, Scott High School? I disagree.

 

Most NKY basketball fans pretty much ignore the 10th region teams. With that said, I don't know if Scott is a top ten NKY team or the 3rd best team in the 10th region. Scott's 6'7" center walked off the floor in the second half in the Mason County game and from my understanding quit the team. Scott has no height, next tallest guy is around 6'2". Gonna make things tough for Scott in the paint.

Most NKY basketball fans pretty much ignore the 10th region teams. With that said, I don't know if Scott is a top ten NKY team or the 3rd best team in the 10th region. Scott's 6'7" center walked off the floor in the second half in the Mason County game and from my understanding quit the team. .

 

Really? In the middle of the game?

Really? In the middle of the game?

 

3rd quarter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.