Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McCreary Central 55 West Jessamine 51

Featured Replies

Not the outcome I was expecting. Anyone have any details?

Not surprising. Polson means as much to West as Watts did McCreary. That was exposed last night.

Not surprising. Polson means as much to West as Watts did McCreary. That was exposed last night.

 

True but West Jessamine went into Danville and smashed them by 13 and Danville is expected to be a top 5 team in the region but they can't beat McCreary? It's kind of surprising to me.

I think this score is typical of what you will see in the 12th Region this year. I believe there are probably 6-8 teams that will beat each other all season (with the possible exception of Wayne County), which should make for a wide open path to the title.

Good win for McCreary, one they can build on....

I think this score is typical of what you will see in the 12th Region this year. I believe there are probably 6-8 teams that will beat each other all season (with the possible exception of Wayne County), which should make for a wide open path to the title.

 

Very true. I couldn't agree more. Does this win mean that McCreary is better than we thought, that West isn't as good as we thought, is Pulaski the 2nd best team in the region or did McCreary just run into a buzzsaw from Pulaski County when they played. Pulaski beat McCreary worse than they beat Casey County.

McCreary Central will be there in the end. They must develop a short term mind set and focus on the task at hand. Way to bounce back from a tough loss and pick up the win.

True but West Jessamine went into Danville and smashed them by 13 and Danville is expected to be a top 5 team in the region but they can't beat McCreary? It's kind of surprising to me.

 

Why is it surprising? The Raiders have a solid basketball program. No surprise at all. The Raiders will be tougher than people think.

Not surprising. Polson means as much to West as Watts did McCreary. That was exposed last night.

 

Who cares about Polson or Watts, they are gone. Good win for the Raiders.

Very true. I couldn't agree more. Does this win mean that McCreary is better than we thought, that West isn't as good as we thought, is Pulaski the 2nd best team in the region or did McCreary just run into a buzzsaw from Pulaski County when they played. Pulaski beat McCreary worse than they beat Casey County.

 

MCHS is better than poepl think, they threw the game away against Mercer, and it is my understanding some key players were out out against Pulaski. Pulaski may be the best team in the region. I am not sold on Wayne just yet. I think Pulaski might get that nod.

Disappointing loss for West. Clearly, they have work to do and need to develop a better defensive scheme. Dixon had way too many open looks. Apart from Pohl and Strait, the offense looks a bit anemic.

I hope as the season progresses, Donaldson gets more playing time. His offense is a little raw, but if he could harness his defensive skills, he could be a real game changer.

It was a good win for McCreary...definitely one they can build on.

I sure hope Pulaski isn't really 35 points better than McCreary.

McCreary clearly is missing Watts is why we were commenting on this. Its not a sin to say a team is missing their best player that graduated from the previous year. He carried the Raiders for many years and put Robert Jones on the coaching map. Without Watts, Jones would be coaching middle school volleyball.

Good win for the Raiders. McCreary has 3 solid players inside. Like I said If the Guard play comes along they could be very good. West did not guard Dixon outside and had no Answer for Williams inside. Dixon had 21 pts and 10 Reb. Williams had 20 pts. and 11 Reb. Yhis team can be very Good.

Based on the results so far I'd say Pulaski is the clear #1. True they have had only one game which could be considered a test (McCreary). But if McCreary can play with Mercer and Mercer can play with Wayne then there is no clear path to the title unless Pulaski is actually this good ( which I don't believe they are) and they have that path to the title. Right now I'd rank them

1 Pulaski

2 Wayne

3 Mercer

4-8 Southwestern McCreary, E Jess, W Jess

9 Danville

10 Boyle

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.