2011 Border Bowl

State's leading rusher during the regular season's not on this list - , that is unreal, even though he is my son, that is a complete farce. Unreal........

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2010/stats.htm

Nothing right about it...

Did his coach not nominate him or did he turn it down? Don't blame the selection committee. A player has to be nominated by the coach and then the player all so has to accept. Then again , not knowing who you son plays for, but if he was a leading rusher on a team that did not make it to the playoffs and had a nothing schedule, that could also play into the equation.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did his coach not nominate him or did he turn it down? Don't blame the selection committee. A player has to be nominated by the coach and then the player all so has to accept. Then again , not knowing who you son plays for, but if he was a leading rusher on a team that did not make it to the playoffs and had a nothing schedule, that could also play into the equation.

Made the playoffs, Played for Greenup County, played a good schedule, he probably didn't get nominated by his coach.... He made state honorable mention Courier Journal for RB's, just disheartening when a player leads the state at his position in every category, playing the players that end up getting 1st team (Darrell Cross), tougher schedule and better numbers, really unreal, I guess its all about marketing... I am darn proud of him for leading the state during the regular season.

Made the playoffs, Played for Greenup County, played a good schedule, he probably didn't get nominated by his coach.... He made state honorable mention Courier Journal for RB's, just disheartening when a player leads the state at his position in every category, playing the players that end up getting 1st team (Darrell Cross), tougher schedule and better numbers, really unreal, I guess its all about marketing... I am darn proud of him for leading the state during the regular season.

Congrats to your son on a great season.

Congrads to your son on what sounds like a great season. I think you should be more upset with your (Greenup County's) head coach for not nominating your son than the Border Bowl itself. JMO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

KY lost with 5 turnovers. Madon appeared to be the better QB but did not play as much as Combs? Very puzzling. Wonder if it had anything to do with Combs considering going to pikeville and Madon not?

I heard some kids didn't get to play, how does that happen, especially in a bowl game the kids have to pay a small fee to participate.

Great question??????? I guess I would ask for a refund. I noticed a lot of the same kids on the field the entire game.

Did Highlands offensive lineman Ryan Hahn get to play in this game?

Yes. He was 2nd team Right Guard, and got in for parts of 4 or 5 series. Also played on Kick Off Return and Punt Team on special teams.

Had a great time at the Border Bowl!