Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X(Kentucky) vs Riverdale (TN)

Featured Replies

I had a debate recently with a few people from Tennessee and I feel St. X would take this one, any one else's opinion?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a debate recently with a few people from Tennessee and I feel St. X would take this one, any one else's opinion?

 

 

Well....I think if this was a series, it would be evenly split. I know Riverdale is a pretty powerful team. I think it would be a lot like the Trinity/MBA series....

 

BUT...if you're talking only this year's team, then yes...I'd have to say I'd put X up there with most ANY team.

Saw Riverdale on TV ... too much speed for St. Xavier.

Saw Riverdale on TV ... too much speed for St. Xavier.

I don't think so. Male,Manual,Trinity,Bowling Green are all loaded with speed. The Tigers have the defense to allow them to play with anyone.

I don't think so. Male,Manual,Trinity,Bowling Green are all loaded with speed. The Tigers have the defense to allow them to play with anyone.

 

 

As much as it pains me to say....I agree with you. :creepy: ;)

I don't think so. Male,Manual,Trinity,Bowling Green are all loaded with speed. The Tigers have the defense to allow them to play with anyone.
Have you seen Riverdale? They have a better defense than Male and Manual and more speed and offensive weapons than Bowling Green. Riverdale is a big-time team ... I didn't say that St. Xavier couldn't play with them, but I think they would beat the Tigers.

Rivedale's defense must be solid to have held Columbus Kilbourne, an Ohio D1 quarterfinalist, to 7 points.

Rivedale's defense must be solid to have held Columbus Kilbourne, an Ohio D1 quarterfinalist, to 7 points.
On the road, no less.

St.X can compete with anyone. The St.X football program is loaded from top to bottom for several years to come.

St.X can compete with anyone. The St.X football program is loaded from top to bottom for several years to come.

 

Anyone... in the nation?

 

If yes, I hope you're not serious

I don't think X has the defensive speed to play with true powerhouses. I think they can be burned, but that they play with such discipline that they control that.

 

No one in this state can touch them, though.

St.X can compete with anyone. The St.X football program is loaded from top to bottom for several years to come.

Give it a break. Several teams that X played this year gave them all they wanted. Does that mean that Bowling Green and LexCath and PRP etc. can play with anyone? Heck I saw the USAToday's number one Lakeland and one of their other top teams Hoover from Alabama and there isn't a team in Kentucky that either of these teams wouldn't blow off the field. I'm sure there are many teams in Florida, California and Texas that our teams can't compete with. I wish it weren't true but it is. I understand Riverdale is loaded again this year, a large public school that has multiple transfers into their system to play on this team (just the story I get from my sources in Nashville). Who knows about an X/Riverdale game, nobody gave the Rocks much of a chance against Elder in 02' either.

Riverdale would win by 20+ easy...This team would beat Brentwood, MUS, MBA or any other TN team by the same or more...This is not a slight to St X..Riverdales just that good..

I don't think X has the defensive speed to play with true powerhouses. I think they can be burned, but that they play with such discipline that they control that.

 

No one in this state can touch them, though.

 

 

X has been given 3 tough games this year, male, prp and bowling green. So they can be touched and also in my mind defeated. I do think they will win AAAA still though

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.