St. X(Kentucky) vs Riverdale (TN)

Houndman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a debate recently with a few people from Tennessee and I feel St. X would take this one, any one else's opinion?

Well....I think if this was a series, it would be evenly split. I know Riverdale is a pretty powerful team. I think it would be a lot like the Trinity/MBA series....

BUT...if you're talking only this year's team, then yes...I'd have to say I'd put X up there with most ANY team.

I don't think so. Male,Manual,Trinity,Bowling Green are all loaded with speed. The Tigers have the defense to allow them to play with anyone.
Have you seen Riverdale? They have a better defense than Male and Manual and more speed and offensive weapons than Bowling Green. Riverdale is a big-time team ... I didn't say that St. Xavier couldn't play with them, but I think they would beat the Tigers.

St.X can compete with anyone. The St.X football program is loaded from top to bottom for several years to come.

Give it a break. Several teams that X played this year gave them all they wanted. Does that mean that Bowling Green and LexCath and PRP etc. can play with anyone? Heck I saw the USAToday's number one Lakeland and one of their other top teams Hoover from Alabama and there isn't a team in Kentucky that either of these teams wouldn't blow off the field. I'm sure there are many teams in Florida, California and Texas that our teams can't compete with. I wish it weren't true but it is. I understand Riverdale is loaded again this year, a large public school that has multiple transfers into their system to play on this team (just the story I get from my sources in Nashville). Who knows about an X/Riverdale game, nobody gave the Rocks much of a chance against Elder in 02' either.

I don't think X has the defensive speed to play with true powerhouses. I think they can be burned, but that they play with such discipline that they control that.

No one in this state can touch them, though.

X has been given 3 tough games this year, male, prp and bowling green. So they can be touched and also in my mind defeated. I do think they will win AAAA still though