Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X(Kentucky) vs Riverdale (TN)

Featured Replies

Give it a break. Several teams that X played this year gave them all they wanted. Does that mean that Bowling Green and LexCath and PRP etc. can play with anyone? Heck I saw the USAToday's number one Lakeland and one of their other top teams Hoover from Alabama and there isn't a team in Kentucky that either of these teams wouldn't blow off the field. I'm sure there are many teams in Florida, California and Texas that our teams can't compete with. I wish it weren't true but it is. I understand Riverdale is loaded again this year, a large public school that has multiple transfers into their system to play on this team (just the story I get from my sources in Nashville). Who knows about an X/Riverdale game, nobody gave the Rocks much of a chance against Elder in 02' either.

 

Agreed :thumb:

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X has been given 3 tough games this year, male, prp and bowling green. So they can be touched and also in my mind defeated. I do think they will win AAAA still though

The Male game was not tough. It was weird at the end, but X was the clearly superior team all night. PRP was without Victor Anderson and while the secondary was getting shuffled around. The Bowling Green game was weird, too, because of the delays and what not. Plus X ALWAYS starts slow, this year was no exception. Glaser had nothing positive to say about his team until the Fern Creek game.

 

No one in this state can beat with X if they bring their B+ game and up.

X has been given 3 tough games this year, male, prp and bowling green. So they can be touched and also in my mind defeated. I do think they will win AAAA still though

How about LexCath? If I remember correctly it came down to a last second FG.

The Male game was not tough. It was weird at the end, but X was the clearly superior team all night. PRP was without Victor Anderson and while the secondary was getting shuffled around. The Bowling Green game was weird, too, because of the delays and what not. Plus X ALWAYS starts slow, this year was no exception. Glaser had nothing positive to say about his team until the Fern Creek game.

 

No one in this state can beat with X if they bring their B+ game and up.

 

Any more excuses? :rolleyes:

How about LexCath? If I remember correctly it came down to a last second FG.

 

 

Forgot about them.

Riverdale smacked MBA in a scrimmage this year (42-0). They've had our number the past two years in scrimmages (I think the '04 scrimmage result was 35-7). However, from 1999-2003, MBA "won" four of the five scrimmages, if not all.

 

Riverdale does have speed to burn, and defensively just swarms opposing offenses. Most of the points they give up is in mop-up duty. The 2004 edition of Riverdale went 10 straight games without giving up a TD (one safety and two FGs given up in that stretch).

 

I haven't seen St. X this year, but my guess is they'd give Riverdale a good game this year, and a X win wouldn't surprise me, but they'd have to make the most of any scoring chances. When MBA has had stout teams (Trinity fans saw a pretty good MBA team in 2003, but the 1999 and 2000 versions were even better) with hard-nosed defenses, they have handled Riverdale and their speed well, and I'd venture to say this year's version of St. X would be considered "stout", based on what I've read.

Let's not sell KY high school football short. There are many teams in KY that can compete week in and week out with any TN high school team. Just look at the KY - TN allstar game each year. KY has dominated TN in the past several years. KY high school football continues to grow in strength in all classes, all levels, and all groups public and private. KY high school football is turning out more top notch college prospects each year. Many of these are staying and playing at local Univirsities and Colleges, thus the great success we are seeing at the collegiate level in KY. These are the very reasons I would hate to see a split public/private or a too watered down class system. KY has it rolling in high school football with great rivalries, growing traditions and better coaching. Lets not weaken a growing state asset.

Let's not sell KY high school football short. There are many teams in KY that can compete week in and week out with any TN high school team. Just look at the KY - TN allstar game each year. KY has dominated TN in the past several years. KY high school football continues to grow in strength in all classes, all levels, and all groups public and private. KY high school football is turning out more top notch college prospects each year. Many of these are staying and playing at local Univirsities and Colleges, thus the great success we are seeing at the collegiate level in KY. These are the very reasons I would hate to see a split public/private or a too watered down class system. KY has it rolling in high school football with great rivalries, growing traditions and better coaching. Lets not weaken a growing state asset.

It's getting a lot better. No doubt. But at the same time, I think you agree that X wouldn't be in the same class as some of the top teams in the country.

 

They're pretty darn good, too.

Any more excuses? :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

That's great.

 

 

Listen, pal. I'm a MANUAL fan. You think I LIKE talking up the renters, that I do it for entertainment? I'm giving the devil his due, here. This team is the A#1 top team in the state.

Any more excuses? :rolleyes:

 

No excuses...they have played the best and beat the best in Kentucky...12-0. Can anyone else make this claim? :p

 

In regards to playing Riverdale, Tn., I'm not sure who would win, but it would definitely be worth the price of admission. :thumb:

It's getting a lot better. No doubt. But at the same time, I think you agree that X wouldn't be in the same class as some of the top teams in the country.

 

They're pretty darn good, too.

 

You could take the 4 state champions from KY each year and play with any other state champions in the country. KY would win many of those contests.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

 

That's great.

 

 

Listen, pal. I'm a MANUAL fan. You think I LIKE talking up the renters, that I do it for entertainment? I'm giving the devil his due, here. This team is the A#1 top team in the state.

 

I dont care what or who you like, all im saying is your post was full of excuses

You could take the 4 state champions from KY each year and play with any other state champions in the country. KY would win many of those contests.

And lose many, too.

No excuses...they have played the best and beat the best in Kentucky...12-0. Can anyone else make this claim? :p

 

In regards to playing Riverdale, Tn., I'm not sure who would win, but it would definitely be worth the price of admission. :thumb:

 

 

As they should beat the best in kentucky with the players they get to choice from.

I dont care what or who you like, all im saying is your post was full of excuses

Ok. :rolleyes:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.